Hello Guest September 14, 2024, 22:49:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disapointed in VSTEP ... :S  (Read 9839 times)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Disapointed in VSTEP ... :S
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 13:49:18 »

But keep in mind: an aircraft travels with round about 900 km/h, a normal vessel with less than 40 km/h.. ;)

yes but only having 8 ports dose detract for the games very good game play and exalant details if there was lots more ports and seas then it would be alot better and that there is no link to any ports like england to westen france (dover cheboug) or rotterdam to france. the only route there is that is compleat is england to newyork. there is bits of routes but only one compleat one
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 13:54:26 by pauljanaway1 »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 22:08:07 »

Not so serious thou i think bay it online from www.shipsim.com

I think the issue here is that svenuske1 wants to buy New Horizons from a high street shop, not online, as for some reason he is unable to buy online.

So if he's not willing to buy New Horizons online then there's not much we could do about the problem of New Horizon being not available in certain shops, I'm afraid  :(

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

TJK

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 22:17:10 »

I'm a little dissapointed in VSTEP , :-\
The New horizon is long time a go avaible to buy, :'(

I was in Game Mania store today , and they said it would be in there shop YESTERDAY !!! :o
And still NO new horizons ! :-[

CAN SOME1 PLS TELL ME THE RELEASEDATE IN BELGIUM ! >:(
Well you fore take a telephone round to ewer game shop in Belgium then, well in the near there you live ;) ore it you can use the English version i can bay it for you here in Norway and send it and you pay on the post office when you pick up the pack ;)

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 23:54:45 »

yes but only having 8 ports dose detract for the games very good game play and exalant details if there was lots more ports and seas then it would be alot better and that there is no link to any ports like england to westen france (dover cheboug) or rotterdam to france. the only route there is that is compleat is england to newyork. there is bits of routes but only one compleat one

You forgot Southampton to East Cowes ;D

I'm sure there will be more ports in the game. But Vstep can't release add-ons which only include one port environment and expect people to pay. I also remember some questions they asked, if we are willing to pay for each environment and each ship, and how much we are willing to pay. I think they should release these add-ons with several new environments and ships in one, otherwise this sim will become very expensive indeed.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 07:58:59 »

Expensive? What in the earth do you pay for Norwegian ice cream in the summer then? :P

Besides I pay taxes and a lot for driving my car in my job these days while I pay fore fuel that cost me 13.79 NOK...Yeah I cud go on. This game cost me nothing compare to my expensive Norwegian "tax-payer" life :P ::)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 09:12:29 »

Expensive? What in the earth do you pay for Norwegian ice cream in the summer then? :P

Besides I pay taxes and a lot for driving my car in my job these days while I pay fore fuel that cost me 13.79 NOK...Yeah I cud go on. This game cost me nothing compare to my expensive Norwegian "tax-payer" life :P ::)

he is say it costs £15 for 1 new port to ba added. there are 1,000,000's of ports on the planet so it will get very expencive if they expend the game like they are doing at the moment

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 09:18:01 »

Yeah one closer approach to get the largest ports in the world included in the game (serious this time) ;)
Or let's say...2-3 new ports for each new version of Ship Simulator.
So in Ship Simulator 2020 we maybe have 20 major ports to visit  :)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 09:19:39 »

Yeah one closer approach to get the largest ports in the world included in the game (serious this time) ;)
Or let's say...2-3 new ports for each new version of Ship Simulator.
So in Ship Simulator 2020 we maybe have 20 major ports to visit  :)

i was thinking more ports than that 30 at least and atleast 5 new ports each addon and new game as this game is expanding in my viue very slowly and im sure no one would buy a new game for one new port.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 09:34:30 by pauljanaway1 »

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 09:47:12 »

and my biggest thing is that none of the ports are linked like you cannont sail from Marseille to any other port or from San Fransisco to any other port if you sail from france to england you jump from portsmyoth to Marseille as there is not link

here in 2008 this game has only 8 ports. flight sim in 1984 it's Scenery coverage included the entire United States
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 10:08:52 by pauljanaway1 »

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 14:32:05 »

here in 2008 this game has only 8 ports. flight sim in 1984 it's Scenery coverage included the entire United States

I believe Rotterdam has more polygons than the 1984 FS sceneries all together...  ;)

Regards
groennegaard

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 14:34:06 »

ships sim sencery is very good allmost perfect but what lets it down is lack of envroments or ports to sail in

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 14:49:44 »

I understand your point. Huge harbours like Rotterdam and Hamburg are nice, but I rarely use all of the area. Personally, I would rather have smaller areas but more ports.

pros
- faster loading
- better performance
- more harbours

cons
- more loading between scenes
- free roaming adventures may not be as interesting

Regards
groennegaard

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 14:59:50 »

I understand your point. Huge harbours like Rotterdam and Hamburg are nice, but I rarely use all of the area. Personally, I would rather have smaller areas but more ports.

pros
- faster loading
- better performance
- more harbours

cons
- more loading between scenes
- free roaming adventures may not be as interesting

Regards
groennegaard

yes you got my point hamberg and other ports are nice but there is not many of them to go to. all so once you leave the port you cannont go anywhere without jumping many miles somtimes 100's of miles before the next envroment as there is no conecting sea or channel e.g. from england round france and spain to mersillie

vstep build more ports pleace

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 16:00:59 »

That's you...I was thinking about all the teenagers playing this game who don't have their pockets full of money, but have to ask their dads..

There is one advantage about paying for each environment and ship, you can choose what you want to include in your sim. But I don't think this would be a success for Vstep anyway.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 16:06:20 »

i'm with you. a teenager who is in collage be spending £15 for each new port

virtual sailor do not charge for new ports of ships and they have more port

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 18:04:26 »

virtual sailor do not charge for new ports of ships and they have more port

VS ports don't have the same quality as SS ports.

all so once you leave the port you cannont go anywhere without jumping many miles somtimes 100's of miles before the next envroment as there is no conecting sea or channel e.g. from england round france and spain to mersillie

Have you ever been at sea? I work there and I think most people would be bored if we were to sail every single mile between the ports.  ;) Crossing the Channal would be a fair challange, but sailing all the way from Hamburg to Marseilles would take days...
More on long distance travels:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1359.0.html

Regards
groennegaard

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 18:17:41 »

VS ports don't have the same quality as SS ports.

Have you ever been at sea? I work there and I think most people would be bored if we were to sail every single mile between the ports.  ;) Crossing the Channal would be a fair challange, but sailing all the way from Hamburg to Marseilles would take days...
More on long distance travels:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1359.0.html

Regards
groennegaard

but it would make it more realistic. and crossing the channel would make the game alot better southhapton/portsmoyths to caile or chebroug/dover

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 18:27:24 »

I don't agree with you here. Long distance travels woundn't add that much realism and the line would have to be drawn somewhere. I bet you will be bored after a couple of hours. Next time you travel from Harwich to Esbjerg with DFDS, you can come and sit with me on the bridge. If you sort out all the instruments and procedures which aren't a part of SS you'll be limited to sit still and look out through the windows for 4 hours... You will definately be bored.  ;)

Regards
groennegaard

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 18:47:38 »

yes i would but atleast the english chanel england to france but we dont even have that

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 07:00:37 »

It's rather a question to equip ports with a lot more navigation stuff and sea marks. That's a priority no. 1 if this sim is going to get closer to it's title "ship simulator".
There are dozen of several sea marks that still can be included including light houses.

Here is some examples (images from Google)

Light characters...

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 09:20:27 »

another good idea
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines