Hello Guest October 05, 2024, 18:35:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Going away on the PoR!  (Read 4335 times)

NathanC

Going away on the PoR!
« on: May 15, 2008, 18:55:58 »

Just thought i'd let you know that next Friday (23rd May) i'm going to Rotterdam to catch the Pride of Hull/Rotterdam back to England! I'm going to take some pictures around the ship for you all and i'll also take some videos to post on YouTube. Then on the 31st i'm coming back, and i'm pretty certain the ship i come back on will be the different one, so i'll get pics of both.

It also means i will be unactive from 23rd to 31st May.

Thanks

NathanC

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Going away on the PoR!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 19:11:53 »

Have a nice time!

Why don't you try and find the VSTEP office in Rotterdam? ;D :P

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 19:12:58 »

Just thought i'd let you know that next Friday (23rd May) i'm going to Rotterdam to catch the Pride of Hull/Rotterdam back to England! I'm going to take some pictures around the ship for you all and i'll also take some videos to post on YouTube. Then on the 31st i'm coming back, and i'm pretty certain the ship i come back on will be the different one, so i'll get pics of both.

Thanks

NathanC
have a nice trip. and i will miss you. i gonna clean a chair to you when your comming back ;D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 19:13:24 »

;D

I think the one DJM did for Jack is getting dusty :P :D

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 19:14:16 »

;D

I think the one DJM did for Jack is getting dusty :P :D
you are so good at clean. why not clean Nathcan c chair here ;D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 19:18:41 »

LOL, i'll leave that to you ;D

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 19:30:23 »

LOL, i'll leave that to you ;D

Hrrm. i did clean the chair for Jack.  ;D I can leave it do you 8) have a good day

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 19:31:24 »

I thought DJM did Jack's? :P

Have a good evening yourself.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 19:32:16 »

I thought DJM did Jack's? :P

Have a good evening yourself.
read the topic again. ;D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 19:37:02 »

Ah, DJM supplied the seat and you cleaned it :P

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 19:38:34 »

Ah, DJM supplied the seat and you cleaned it :P
uff. your correct. ;D :o

Quaysider

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 20:00:37 »

If your sailing from Rotterdam next Friday night it will be Pride of Rotterdam - if your return trip is the evening of the 31st then it will be the Pride of Hull.
Rgds

Patrick
www.quaysides.co.uk

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 20:13:42 »

enjoy. make sure the ship doesn't sink deliberately. *looks around suspeciously :P *

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 20:18:03 »

enjoy. make sure the ship doesn't sink deliberately. *looks around suspeciously :P *

There's a good bit of advice. I MUST remember that when I go to Dover on Sunday....

In diary: Sunday 18/05/08.
Check in 09:25
Sail 10:25
Check life boats 10:26
Ask Captain if we're sinking 10:27
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 20:20:15 »

haha :D

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 20:24:57 »

Having said that, of course... If a large RoRo were to sink in the Dover Straits then (providing it didn't capsize, like the Herald) then if you stand on the top deck you're unlikely to get your feet wet as most of it is only 10-15 fathoms.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 20:32:00 »

Thanks

NathanC

Have a great time Nathan, don't forget my postcard :D

If anyone comes near me with a chair, I may need to dust-off my gun ;)

You're gonna miss my anniversary though.  I've been a Moderator for one year on the 23rd ;D  Ah well, more cake for me :D

Joking aside, I hope you enjoy your time away :)

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People. (http://www.rnib.org.uk)

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 20:36:51 »

Can I just ask an O/T question?

What is all this talk about chairs?

Are you planning a spin off simulator www.chairsim.com get bored to death by simulating sitting on or cleaning a chair?

Will it be some big, heavy chairs such as a Very Luxurious Chair Couch (VLCC) and Pretty Opulent Recliner (POR)? And will there be different areas to play multiplayer chairs in, such as PADdedchairSTOW

Sounds welding (a modern term for riveting)

Quaysider

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 22:53:42 »

BTW, I suspect being able to sail the PoR on here doesn't mean they'll let you have a play with the real thing (I did think of asking earlier this year when I was on the PoH  ;D )
Rgds

Patrick
www.quaysides.co.uk

NathanC

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 06:26:42 »

If your sailing from Rotterdam next Friday night it will be Pride of Rotterdam - if your return trip is the evening of the 31st then it will be the Pride of Hull.

Thanks Quaysider - That happened in October, we sailed back exactly 1 week after we used the PoR and it was the PoH - so i suspected this, which is brilliant as we see both ships  ;D

My mum actually e-mailed P&O asking if she could get a tour of the ships bridge - they said they couldn't see a problem with that and they would contact the ship asking - the ship itself replied to us saying we couldn't because of security issues

NathanC

Quaysider

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 08:02:49 »

I've been lucky - I've had several bridge visits over the years (and even a full tour of Norbay) but knew as soon as the ISPSS came in we'd no longer be able to. We did enquire last year when we sailed as it was my b'day as well but no go. :(
Rgds

Patrick
www.quaysides.co.uk

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 14:38:26 »

I laugh at 'security issues', I really do! But every person in authority must get to feel like hitler/mussolini/bush/blair/khan etc etc

Do they think terrorists don't already have access to all the info they need if they are planning something for a ship? Access to engineering schematics showing weak points of the hull below the water line should be restricted of course (they aren't, just consult google).

It's different in an aircraft where a madman wrestling the controls could crash a plane- but is it likely in a ship?

A good comparison. Here in Grot Britain (and most other countries) it was a criminal offence during the cold war to take photos of Navy ships in Portsmouth... Until the pea brains concerned realised it was pointless as the Russians already knew what they looked like  ;) ::) QED.

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 00:28:46 »

take a pic of the bridge for me

NathanC

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 06:53:19 »

Have you read my messages? I can't get on the bridge.......

NathanC

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 06:55:11 »

Setting of at 12:00 today, can't wait to see her again for real, i'll take lots of pictures for you, inside and out. I plan to do some comparison photos, taking a picture of the ship and taking another from the same angle in SS2008  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines