Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 21:03:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What do you think about Ship Simulator 2008?

Excellent
Very Good
Good
So-so
Bad
Poor
Very Poor

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think about Ship Simulator 2008?  (Read 5973 times)

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
What do you think about Ship Simulator 2008?
« on: April 27, 2008, 01:59:46 »

What do you think about Ship Simulator 2008 and why? :D

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
Re: What do you think about Ship Simulator 2008?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 02:01:18 »

I think that ship sim 2008 is excellent! It is the best, most realistic ship simulation game i had ever seen! :o :)

raivo

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 03:57:52 »

Not exactly... :) Agree, the game is not bad, but there are many things needed to be a real nautical simulator! Temporarily it looks like an arcade game with simulation elements, but I'm sure, that Ship Simulator will grow for a real navigation simulator, which can be used not only as a game, but a real simulation (like Microsoft Flight Simulator series) for seafarer training and entertainment! But the beginning is good! ;) Steady so!
raivo, able seaman

Captain Tony

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 19:08:00 »

I agree with Raivo. It's very good, but there is much to be done to bring it up to the standards of say MS Flight sim or train sim. Sounds are a large part of this so we need to improve them. For starters, throw out the generic horns/whistles and get recordings of the real vessels. As someone mentioned in another topic, have working winches so that the mooring lines will pull taut when the vessel is at rest.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 19:15:37 »

Im voting very good. i would like to vote exelent. but the Mp for the time. :-X

Good:
Realtisc wave
good design on ships
You can get damage on the ship
Free roam.
Advanced roping.
Day night.
Sink ships in collison

Bad:
Funny Bugs ;D
not having lights on ships. (Without lampers so have light. know i can download this)
City have no light
And this bug Lag. >:(

Captain Best

TJK

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 19:28:12 »

Im voting very good. i would like to vote exelent. but the Mp for the time. :-X

Good:
Realtisc wave
good design on ships
You can get damage on the ship
Free roam.
Advanced roping.
Day night.
Sink ships in collison

Bad:
Funny Bugs ;D
not having lights on ships. (Without lampers so have light. know i can download this)
City have no light
And this bug Lag. >:(

Captain Best
I agree with CB in the good section
but will add in bad section
No light hours working,
No radar
No light  in the red and Green buoy so we can navigate in the dark safety

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 19:30:55 »

I agree with CB in the good section
but will add in bad section
No light hours working,
No radar
No light  in the red and Green buoy so we can navigate in the dark safety

Agreed. And thanks for the comment ;D

your bestfreind Steffen ;D

Jodel

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 15:47:18 »

Yes, I even think it is a good game ... but they have to do some workt to make it better!!   Someone say it is more like an arcade game and this is exact the same I think. Sometimes I think it is a car simulator... because the handling is so easy!

I worked in the past as a sailor, mostly on very big containerships going from Europe to southeast Asia. I know how it feels to turn a 80.000 ton, 300m containership with full, half or even empty load. This of course has nothing to do with this game which calls itself to be a "simulator".
It would be really great if it would be possible in the future to give a more realistic feeling!!!
I also really want to have a more realistic movement of the ship... especially rolling from one to the other side, because this happens even with modern ships very easy. Of course there are stabilizers, but because this cost in reality some more tons of fuel a day they are not used very often. 
I was on a 230m containership "Sydney Express" and we gone straight from Le Havre / France to Melbourne / Australia. From the moment we changed course near "cape of good hope" we had following seas and the ship was rolling from one side to the other....  no problem at daytime while working, but in bed you almost didn't found any sleep because ship was moving so badly. You can immagine that the move on the bridge was really crazy...  hahaha. Always some meters of height difference between port and starbord bridgedeck.
Ok, many words.. lol, sorry ....  I would like to have waves and ships which go through them like in reality.

This means, I even want to have higher waves!! I have even been in a Taifun with an average wave height of between 9 to 12m.  I have seen what happens to steel if the captain doesn't care much about the sea.. haha. Absolutely great, I want to have really bad weather in this game!!! :))  If possible with damage if you do not change your speed then...

Oh and something more....  because I really hate this!
The computer driven ships are mad... lemmings or whatever kind of ghostship. Even bread or toast has a bigger intelligence. There are rules on the water, similar to those for cars. Where is the sense, I am on a 300m tanker and normally (in real life) all others would have to turn around me...  but in the game, even if there is room enough i got rammed by everyone... they do not stop or change their course.
Last time this yacht which looks similar like a 32m sunseeker (it's this ugly only NPC boat) really jumped over my ship, because I was crossing it's course, but I even was in the right of way.... . Looks funny, but why are these computer ships so stupid????

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 07:17:29 »

They are stupid because they are not intelligent enough. You have no way to communicate with the AI ships. They follow a track in the environment and have a start and a end point. When they reach the end point they fade out and fades in again at the start point (reloading the track or reset the track). It's like a AI path in any computer game. Sometimes they stop. Other times they don't. The future will show how realistic AI ships this game will have. :) For now it's a quite simple system. ;)

miklu28

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 20:38:06 »

SS08 is exellent! I SO LOVE IT!  :D
Damn those AI's that cannot undestand that you are right on their way...

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 20:41:13 »

SS08 is exellent! I SO LOVE IT!  :D
good to hear. im love the SS08- specilly NEW HORIZONS ;D

emeg

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 22:09:01 »

They are stupid because they are not intelligent enough. You have no way to communicate with the AI ships. They follow a track in the environment and have a start and a end point. When they reach the end point they fade out and fades in again at the start point (reloading the track or reset the track). It's like a AI path in any computer game. Sometimes they stop. Other times they don't. The future will show how realistic AI ships this game will have. :) For now it's a quite simple system. ;)

Vstep is willing to improve the A.I. in the next game version. In a work placement advertisement they wrote that the current A.I. is very basic and need to be improved. Vstep have the intention to create a capable A.I. in were the non player controlled ships can interact and have the knowledge of the existing maritime rules. 

Morten

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 00:32:46 »

Not exactly... :) Agree, the game is not bad, but there are many things needed to be a real nautical simulator! Temporarily it looks like an arcade game with simulation elements, but I'm sure, that Ship Simulator will grow for a real navigation simulator, which can be used not only as a game, but a real simulation (like Microsoft Flight Simulator series) for seafarer training and entertainment! But the beginning is good! ;) Steady so!

Ditto, needs some navigation posibilities, and yes it seems more of an arcade game. The physics isn't bad though.

Ship Sim

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 00:33:14 »

I say its great (not in every way but most). The SS series is proably the only game that is ship game (veary rare type) that has reasonably good handeling.

Paddy134

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 01:05:36 »

I think that its good, but it can get VERY tedious at times. :P

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 07:23:49 »

It's good to have something like this, but generally thinking ship sim '08 is quite poor (as a simulator).
Why? If you're simulating something you should do that pretty good.
I'm not an marine-expert but my instincts says that real ships doesn't act like those  in shipsim.
Shipsim'08 is great fun, but not great simulation. But it keeps me happy, but I  could be more happy, though :)

jim.smith

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 09:41:27 »

Exellent for a simulation, very entertaining and can only get better

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 11:57:33 »

Exellent for a simulation, very entertaining and can only get better
Yes Totaly agreed. when you have Multiplayer. its has been a lot of fun. ;D so i hope will enjoy it too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines