Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 06:49:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic's horn  (Read 8449 times)

trains

• Forum member
Titanic's horn
« on: April 20, 2008, 02:13:45 »

looks like vstep was right about Titanic's horn. check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vdR5Hp91Y

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Ship Sim

Re: Titanic's horn
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 07:06:44 »

Yes I guess they were right. maby thats where they got it. ;) Cause it sounds just like it and last for the same amount of time in the game. ;)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 08:33:00 »

What?!?! you guys didn't know that the whistles in the game are the sound of the real ones?!?! i knew as soon as i heard them  ;D.

Kind Regards
Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 13:53:09 »

Jack, some people didn't know. there has been many diffrent horns used over time.

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:48:58 »

So what do you mean, should the Titanic's horn sound like that one or is that where they got their horn from?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 00:42:59 »

yep, I keep saying it's right! ;D

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 11:18:31 »

OK i have did some experimenting and i have found a more original horn for the Titanic, So you can either choose the original one or this one.See what you think, but make sure you backup your original whistle to this ship.I just wanted to make it sound more "original".

It has something to so with this website http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_whistles.shtml
[/quote]

I just want to tell everyone that the whistle does not work when i change it  :(, but if it works on your ship then enjoy the new whistles a more "original" sound.If it does work could you tell me how you did it because i to would like to hear the whistles on the ship to.  :).

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:17:10 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 11:23:05 »

yep, I keep saying it's right! ;D

Since were talking about Titanic's horn here's a nice pice of music, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hClcfU1yR1A&feature=related sorry for going off the topic a bit but its really great.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Paddy134

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 01:03:05 »

What a beautiful sound, to think the last time that sounded across southampton was 96 years ago! But it probably doesnt have the exactly same sound if it uses compresses air instead of steam.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:59 »

Since were talking about Titanic's horn here's a nice pice of music, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hClcfU1yR1A&feature=related sorry for going off the topic a bit but its really great.
Agreed. As much as I hate the movie, the sound track (with the exeption of "My Heart Will Go On") is beautiful!

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 05:28:14 »

What a beautiful sound, to think the last time that sounded across southampton was 96 years ago! But it probably doesnt have the exactly same sound if it uses compresses air instead of steam.
indeed

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 08:05:06 »

OK i have did some experimenting and i have found a more original horn for the Titanic, So you can either choose the original one or this one.See what you think, but make sure you backup your original whistle to this ship.I just wanted to make it sound more "original".

It has something to so with this website http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_whistles.shtml

I just want to tell everyone that the whistle does not work when i change it  :(, but if it works on your ship then enjoy the new whistles a more "original" sound.If it does work could you tell me how you did it because i to would like to hear the whistles on the ship to.  :).

Surely this is an interesting subject, i've expected some replies here, i mean it's got more original horn which for some reason it does not work when you change it to the ship but it works in general while being a file that the game itself supports.So if anyone could modify again that file in which it can work with the ship would be great.And trust me this is the "original" horn of the Titanic.Just watch the documentary of the titanic which is called "Titanic, the complete story", and the history channel does not lie my friends.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 07:00:54 »

YAy, i fianly found it and it works to, a horn for the Titanic that will make her sound more original(the year 1912) and trust me it will just watch the documentary movie " Titanic, the Complete story", history channel never lies.So now you can choose between the horn that was put by STEP or this one, just don't forget to backup the original one before replacing it.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Becky

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 11:10:00 »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 11:29:51 »

i have a good Horn too (recorded from the Movie)

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1582.0;attach=10493

i love it ;D it makes her sound so much original, a bit short but its good it would be awsum if you could find the same kind of horn but a loong blast like a 10 sec one :o :) that will be SSOO MINT but i dont think you could get it from anywhere because i think that that was only blown in the movie and it you would have been able to capture only the 6 sec one, i think it suits her better but just remember this ship is very important so she must me as close as possible to the acual horn, we are making good progress.because the horn from vstep i have never heard it in any of the Titanic documents unfortunately, records etc..

Also here's a subject abut the whistles, as soo as we have the the horn taken care of now all vstep needs to add is allot of whistle smoke coming from the forward funnel evrytime the whistles are blown, and she will all sweet.

http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/5919/85273.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 01:12:39 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Becky

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 15:57:33 »

for a longer Version send me a pm.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 05:24:17 »

for a longer Version send me a pm.

you got it :P

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 07:55:31 »

Dear ship Simulator 2008 users and fans of the Royal Mail Steamer Titanic, i have finally found the acual whistle for the ship, and this time is for real ;D.Just don't turn your speakers up too loud because this is a big one ;).The first time i blew it i knocked me off my chair :o, and i know you will to :D.

Tell me how did it went?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 01:11:43 »

Dear ship Simulator 2008 users and fans of the Royal Mail Steamer Titanic, i have finally found the acual whistle for the ship, and this time is for real ;D.Just don't turn your speakers up too loud because this is a big one ;).The first time i blew it i knocked me off my chair :o, and i know you will to :D.

Tell me how did it went?

Amazing! :D

Can you isolate the horn? ;D

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 05:26:10 »

I would i knew how :-X and had the right tools to  :).As i always say if you are not happy with what you have, than make it count.technically if you could manage to delete what ever comes after 10 sec then that would make really original ;), if you know what i mean.So pretty much it will be a 10 sec blow, with a smooth quiet finish.So Spambot and gentlemen, if this will happen than we have achieved a big part of this puzzle, now all vstep needs to do is add loads of steam coming out of the first funnel(forward part) every time the horn is blown, then we are all sweet.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 05:37:26 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 04:38:40 »

Actually, according to this site: http://www.abratis.de/, which has the very horn from the first vid AND ship sim, that's the wreck's horn (OMG!) being played at a lower pressure than 1912, due to fear of breaking it.

It says playing it at the original pressure would result in a higher pitch.

The horn and info is here on the site: resources>sounds

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 05:51:52 »

Actually, according to this site: http://www.abratis.de/, which has the very horn from the first vid AND ship sim, that's the wreck's horn (OMG!) being played at a lower pressure than 1912, due to fear of breaking it.

It says playing it at the original pressure would result in a higher pitch.

The horn and info is here on the site: resources>sounds

Ahh, blast. So that is the close we can get to the ACUAL horn huh.... but its pretty good if you as me, just ine  things for sure, it would be a miracle if we could hear a 10 blast of the REALLLLLL HORN OF THE TITANIC AT HIGH PRESSURE.

Also this is another matter has been discovered in Titanic's rudder, apperantly the rudder in ss08 is not the acual shape and size of the real thing look here, also half of the rudder needs to be red like the rest waterline
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:57:36 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 11:13:29 »

Wish Granted! ;D

If this is what you meant by isolate the horn.

Final modification of horn to suit SS08 requirement's complete.The horn should be downloaded from HERE from now on.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:10:51 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 15:00:54 »

Wish Granted! ;D

If this is what you meant by isolate the horn.
EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT! ;D

Too bad we just found out that that horn is even farther away from the real thing than shipsim  :(

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 15:02:23 »

Ahh, blast. So that is the close we can get to the ACUAL horn huh.... but its pretty good if you as me, just ine  things for sure, it would be a miracle if we could hear a 10 blast of the REALLLLLL HORN OF THE TITANIC AT HIGH PRESSURE.

Also this is another matter has been discovered in Titanic's rudder, apperantly the rudder in ss08 is not the acual shape and size of the real thing look here, also half of the rudder needs to be red like the rest waterline

The horn and rudder mistakes will be addad to the "Titanic errors" thread shortly
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines