Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 15:23:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible for Farimouth Shepra to be bigger than Agile Soultions?  (Read 2500 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member

I just looked at agile solutions and shepra and i have noticed that the tug is bigger that the freight ship.Hows is that possible?Did VSTEP got their right measurements here?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member

The Fairmount Sherpa is an ocean going tug that is supposed to tow oil rigs etc. so yes i think they have got the right measurements  ;D  ;)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Third Mate

• Forum member

The Fairmount Sherpa is an ocean going tug that is supposed to tow oil rigs etc. so yes i think they have got the right measurements  ;D  ;)

that is embarrassing for the frierighter..lol usually its the other way around... :-X

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member

haha, true true.  ;D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

budbud

• Forum member

Hi Third Mate,

What do you call "bigger"? Looking to your pictures, sherpa is shorter than agile solution.
I think sherpa is 70 or 75m length and agile solution 106m. However, sherpa may be wider than the freighter. For stability reasons, AHTS are really wide compared to other vessels.

Budbud
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!

pigdog

• Forum member

Hi all,
They look pretty much in proportion to me, the freighter is not a big one, more of a small to medium sized vessel and the Sherpa looks like a medium sized AHTS/supply boat.

Some of the newer AHTS and supply ships around today are much bigger than the Sherpa with helidecks fwd of the bridge and large cranes aft of the accomodation and wouldn't be much smaller than the freighter.

pigdog
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

marcstrat

• Global Moderator

Greetings,
Well, some of the inlandvessels are bigger than seagoing vessels ,example the Crystal Amethist(gastanker)is about 116 meter long.
Compare this that some of the inlandvessels are about 135 meters long.
Marc

P.S.If i find pics i put them here so you can see.
N

TJK

Hi Third Mate,

What do you call "bigger"? Looking to your pictures, sherpa is shorter than agile solution.
I think sherpa is 70 or 75m length and agile solution 106m. However, sherpa may be wider than the freighter. For stability reasons, AHTS are really wide compared to other vessels.

Budbud
supply boat are big maybe not in how long they are, but haw you seen them in real live you will see thats trot, they are out in the north sea an with waves up to 15 m and the nearly seems to hawing problem with that, supply boats hug so agile solutions look smal besid sherpa here are a realy big one

TJK
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:27:43 by TJK »

TJK

Greetings,
Well, some of the inlandvessels are bigger than seagoing vessels ,example the Crystal Amethist(gastanker)is about 116 meter long.
Compare this that some of the inlandvessels are about 135 meters long.
Marc

P.S.If i find pics i put them here so you can see.
here are Crystal Amethist

Destrega

• Forum member

Agile Solution has more cargo space than the sherpa, so in theory it is bigger than the sherpa.
-Member Of The Tug Community-
Name: Destrega   Vessel: Sherpa

marcstrat

• Global Moderator

here are Crystal Amethist 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal%20Amethyst.jpg (74.29 KB, 753x565 - viewed 2 times.)

This vessel i know very well to,i've had the luck to be a wheelman,when she was first builded,and had to go back to the shipyard,for extra works that had to be done.
marc
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines