Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 23:37:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone explain this whole SS2006 and SS2008 Add-On construction?  (Read 1127 times)

Captain Baines

• Forum member

I still haven't been able to figure out the construction regarding SS2006 and SS2008 add-ons. The website doesn't give really clear information on the topic and when you go and search the forum there are topics about it but it never really became clear to me. I think it's mainly written from the point of view of people familiar with SS 2006 and its add-on. If you know what's part of those maybe it's easier to understand what is said about it. But I'm still not completely clear about it.  ???

Maybe someone can explain it. This is how far I am in understanding it.

There is a 2006 add-on for people who have SS2006. So far it's simple.

People who have the SS2006 add-on and also have SS2008 apparently have the opportunity to get some 2008 version add-on. It isn't clear to me what that 2006 to 2008 upgraded add-on exactly entails. Is it a version of the 2006 add-on that has exactly what was in the 2006 add-on but now will work with SS2008 insofar the extra ships/missions/environments were not already incorporated in SS2008? And I'm assuming there that the 2006 add-on doesn't work with SS2008. Is that correct? Or is that 2006-to-2008 upgraded add-on the same as the 2008 add-on New Horizon?

And if it isn't then I must conclude there are two different SS2008 add-ons. The 2008-upgrade-from-2006 one and New Horizons. Correct? If it is then what is the difference between those two and what must people who have the 2006-to-2008-upgraded add-on do to get the New Horizons add-on?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member

Hiya Captain Baines :)

It's all relatively easy if you check the posts regarding both versions of the Add-On (which are almost identical anyway) ;)

To summarise for you:

The 2006-2008 Upgrade was to allow members who'd bought the Ship Simulator 2006 Add-On to upgrade to the new version for free.  After this was released, New Horizons was announced.  The New Horizons pack is available as a standalone purchase which includes all the vessels from the 'upgrade' version, plus some extra vessels and a new environment.

If a member already has the upgrade version, the new content from New Horizons (the extra stuff) will become available for purchase in May (approx.).  This will bring the upgrade version in-line with New Horizons, essentially making them 'the same Add-On' :)

I hope this is a little clearer for you :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines