Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 05:36:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did VSTEP forgot to include a vessel in the 06 add of for SS08?  (Read 4137 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member

I was wondering, is there another vessel meant to be included in SS08 from the 06 add on,like the one below?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: Did VSTEP forgot to include a vessel in the 06 add of for SS08?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:19:31 »

This vessel has been gone,because there was not much to do with it(limited missions)
Will there be ever another yacht like that?I realy dont know.
However,this game has been in a motorboat-magazine(review),so it would be logical,that we have this kinds of vessels again.
So that owners of a boat,can do some practice in manouvres with it.Thats what's a sim all about.
All would be more real,if they create tides and currents to,however this can be a start.
Marc
N

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:01:51 »

This vessel has been gone,because there was not much to do with it(limited missions)
Will there be ever another yacht like that?I realy dont know.
However,this game has been in a motorboat-magazine(review),so it would be logical,that we have this kinds of vessels again.
So that owners of a boat,can do some practice in manouvres with it.Thats what's a sim all about.
All would be more real,if they create tides and currents to,however this can be a start.
Marc

The vessel itself is quite big and beautiful, sort of like a better version of the marbela delight(speed yacht) My opinion on this is that there should of been the other way around, switch this yacht with smaller one.Well maybe ::).I was thinking that you had more to look at :P when it comes to it.But i had no idea that it got removed.How odd indeed.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:06:29 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:08:33 »

Waith and see what the future brings,maybe they think it over again.
Different yachts,i'm pro this idea.
Marc
N

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:10:15 »

Just to make something else clear aswell, that luxury yacht was part of the stock vessels from SS06, NOT from the SS06 addon.. If she had been, she would have been added too, no doubt.

As I understand it, some of the stock SS06 vessels were not up to standards to be put into SS08.
Adding them would have meant a rebuild from scratch.

Which was probably not worth the effort for this one and she must have been abandoned in favour of another vessel with more possibilities for missions etc, as marc said. Well that's what I think anyway.

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:13:27 by Mad_Fred »

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 20:28:13 »

yeah. but there was another vessel. it had tires on the side. what was it?

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 21:46:00 »

I personally think there could be LOADS of missions created with this type of yacht, as she's so big there are endless possibilities, you just need to use your imagination.

It would be a great shame if this vessel was not bought back to ship sim, as I myself would love to pilot this huge boat.

Well, that's my personal opinion anyway :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 22:04:14 »

The russian tug.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 22:55:01 »

That's the little workboat more likely, which was not part of the addon but came in a free patch.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 00:01:04 »

That's the little workboat more likely, which was not part of the addon but came in a free patch.

That's a nice little boat. I've saw two ships that I want in the 08 version now :(
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 05:06:50 »

hmm, that tug doe not look bad indeed :), but i see a better future for the big Yacht instead, and what do you mean by not up to standards,that big yacht looks fine to me from here ???.

So the question is in between the big yacht and the small working boat, which one would you choose?And yeah there are alot of mission you can create involving the  yacht.one could be

"Big Toy's for rich boy's, as the Capitan of this vessel, you are responsible for taking 8 most richest people around the Sunny Islands of Phi Phi for a holiday to remember as their arrived in the P&Q ferry at noon time".Bu if Vstep has big ideas for the future than im impressed ;D.

For Phi Phi island map

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:16:12 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 05:17:51 »

I was wondering, don't boats have a smoke chimine or muffler, depending on vessel type.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 05:20:31 »

Hi Third mate,

Well, by not up to standards I mean that is was not of good enough quality and further lacked what it took to be turned into a playable SS08 ship. Looks aren't everything, there's more to it than meets the eye.  :)

The big luxury yacht was said not to be coming into SS08, and it's not the only one that was left behind. I would have personally seen a better future for the inland cargo vessel, the container barge and the small container ship, to be honest. The yacht is nothing more then a very big (and pretty) luxury taxi to drive people around in. And it's not really suited for most of the environments either, so it has a limited use anyway.  :)

Regards,
Fred

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 05:28:59 »

I was wondering, don't boats have a smoke chimine or muffler, depending on vessel type.

Well the muffler is attached to the engine, in the engine bay. But I think this one just has a small gasolene engine and not a diesel engine, and thus there's way less exhaust gasses to deal with, they probably just escape through some vents in the engine bay cover. (Which might not be modeled so yo uwont see them)

That's my guess anyway.

Fred

beechjetkid17

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 05:41:26 »

the big yacht and that small tug motorboat thing would be great in SS08...add a few modifications to the small motorboat and it would be a great tender to the yacht... ;D

Dan

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 09:40:06 »

Ahh, so true sooo true, well since i have never made vessels such as those i would not have any idea what "HIGH quality" means here.Thank you for telling me about this and also the working boat to.I sure answered my questions :).Oh by the way don't forget to add some more buttons and charts on that working boat(radar,engine buttons, fuel tank display,oil temp pressure gages, etc..), it looks a bit empty.

Mate,Thrid
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:43:14 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 22:18:43 »

i got mine in the add on.

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 01:57:04 »

Hmm, did you get a US box version that included patch 1.8 too, perhaps?

Cause that workboat was added with 1.8, AFAIK.

Fred

yannick1971

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 01:53:19 »

I like this luxury yacht. Hope there will be such a vessel in the future versions of ship sim (sorry for answering this topic afeter a long time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines