Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 17:14:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will a UK add-on go with a US ss08?  (Read 2113 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
will a UK add-on go with a US ss08?
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:41:20 »

If I got a UK NH to add on to a US ss08, IF they can function together, what dialect would the game(s?) be in?

sixflagscoasters

• Forum member
Re: will a UK add-on go with a US ss08?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:12:49 »

UK English and US English are the same thing for video games.

But I am not sure about the games code. I do not know if the UK version will work with the US version. But I have a feeling that they are the same exact game code. The only difference they might have is the game rating. This is because the video game rating systems are different in each country.

TJK

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 05:40:05 »

If I got a UK NH to add on to a US ss08, IF they can function together, what dialect would the game(s?) be in?

You have joust added the key for ss 06 so First of all you most registrar you cd key for ss 08 to  in you forum profile as i can see you haven't dun, when you have done that you got axes to technical  topics or more useful stuff about the game

this is not a video game but pc game, and if you bay the English download version of NH I sorely think that will work.
 Dialect?  It will be about the same if you bayed the game in Dallas Texas and tock it with you and shod us it in New York city or in Vancouver Canada They don't make different games for Dallas or New York :) :D
 English is English
Regards
TJK
PS you can send a pm to an adm or mod for sure
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:14:19 by TJK »

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:27:34 »

Both the US & UK versions are in English. The language is the same in both countries; it’s the people who talk funny.
It’s not like in the Netherlands where there must be different Dutch versions for Amsterdam and Kerkrade. :)
Marty

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:11:55 »

We even do understand the dutch,and i'm from Belgium.
There is no difference between the written messages,only when we talk,there a slidly difference.
Marc
N

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 15:06:51 »

Both the US & UK versions are in English. The language is the same in both countries; it’s the people who talk funny.
It’s not like in the Netherlands where there must be different Dutch versions for Amsterdam and Kerkrade. :)
Marty

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason my ss06 1.8 patch hadn't worked was because it was set to the wrong language. I had to change the patch's language from EN (UK English) to US (US English), because otherwise, my missions were not showing up and my earnings were shown in euros instead of $...

I just answered my own question... AND proved that there is a difference between the dialects!

Oh, and TJK, I don't have the game... yet!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines