Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 14:26:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: add on - 2008 - online gaming - communication between ships (players)  (Read 1589 times)

Grasort

• Forum member

So I got a message from VSTEP, that a new add on for ship sim 2008, will soon be available on cd-rom. So, I haven't got it yet, but am looking forward to it. Anyway - when I heard about the add on, and read about that it has the option of online gaming - I thought; great! My next thought was; how can two ships communicate in the online game? It might proof to be very handy when one tug is knowing what the other is about to do, when they are both towing the same thing. So, do we get the VHS-radio working too? Sort of similar as the option in MSN-messenger to be able to record a short message and send it to the other.

Well it was just a thought...

But because someone from VSTEP once told me that sometimes new thoughts, are the keys to be able to open new doors - I felt no longer akward to bring the thought out to the open.

Greetings from Grasort

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam

Hello Grasort,

Try a forum search for "TeamSpeak"

It is a standalone voice communications program that you can run outside SS, with which you can communicate with other players.

It's allready being used widely and you will find quite a few topics about it. There is also a Dutch server up, you can find a topic about it in the general section of the Dutch forum.

Apart from that, there is also text chat in the multiplayer game. Which is also adequate for communications, though not as good as actually talking to each other on the "radio" of course.  :)

Regards,
Fred

Grasort

• Forum member

Thank you Fred, for the info.

-Yes the text chat will be good enough, and also leave people's privatie protected, instead of hearing a lot of noise in the background - whatever that might be - children yelling, or their parent(s) at them, I don't know...

Like I said, I haven't got the add-on yet - I'm waiting for the cd, instead of using the download version.
I hope that will not take too long anymore.

Thanks again Fred

Kind regards,

Grasort

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam

My pleasure!!  :)

Fred

Agent|Austin

• Forum member

I do hope you know that multiplayer also exists as a free patch on the website correct?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines