Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 13:35:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: US Purchase?  (Read 6602 times)

Kickprivate

• Forum member
US Purchase?
« on: July 07, 2007, 06:29:16 »

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone in the US has purchased the Digital Download version of SS08 yet. Wondering if I even can... Can I? I don't see the need for waiting when its right there.

jggriffith

• Forum member
Re: US Purchase?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:29:52 »

I haven't made the download, but the point some of us are waiting is because of the price being in Euros. 

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 07:38:20 »

It's still not that expensive $50 USD for download.

Rince

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 09:20:37 »

Why don't you just try? With a credit card it should be no problem (except for a small fee) to buy stuff in a foreign currency. I'm doing it all the time.

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 13:05:28 »

Some CC companies (eg Capital One) still don't even charge a fee.
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

psolk

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 13:23:14 »

I paid from the US on Thursday. 
I just got my license key and download link thanks to Mark!!! The issue was email addresses.
Be careful if you have a Comcast E-mail from the states. Comcast rejects a lot of emails so try to give a backup email just in case but go ahead and just use your CC to purchase in Euros and it will get converted.
Good luck everyone,
-Paul
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 15:30:04 by psolk »

Warspite2

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 19:40:19 »

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone in the US has purchased the Digital Download version of SS08 yet. Wondering if I even can... Can I? I don't see the need for waiting when its right there.

I bought the download version yesterday, it came out to $50 USD.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 19:58:09 »

Why the heck am I still waiting? I bought it thursday and still nothing. I want my link!!!!!!!!!!!! I used a debit card so that might delay it but I still paid and i would like to have my game now please.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
 i use yahoo email but i also have a hotmail. guitarking367@yahoo.com OR pmillett2@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 19:59:49 by pmillett22 »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 21:28:30 »

Why the heck am I still waiting? I bought it thursday and still nothing. I want my link!!!!!!!!!!!! I used a debit card so that might delay it but I still paid and i would like to have my game now please.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
 i use yahoo email but i also have a hotmail. guitarking367@yahoo.com OR pmillett2@hotmail.com

I presume that you have checked your junk mailbox for the email too, yes?

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 22:28:33 »

yes I have.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 22:32:27 »

Ok, it is possible that it may take longer than usual because of the high demand.  Unfortunately, nothing is perfect.

Have you tried contacting the Ship Sim support team at info@shipsim.com ?  They may have more information on the current situation than I can offer :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Warspite2

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 22:32:39 »

I got my download link right away, after I ordered it, I checked my email and had 2 emails one was a receipt and the other was the download link. I use hotmail so not sure about yahoo but they are basically the same.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 22:59:12 »

I emailed the day of purchase and havn't heard back.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 23:01:42 »

I'm in the US and I downloaded the SS08 game, and everything is working fine for me.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 23:10:07 »

BUT NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have used a debit card and nothing!!!!!!!!! How long must I wait!!!!!!!

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 23:20:03 »

well maybe ship sim doesn't accept depit cards, and maybe thats why you aren't getting your license keys. KM

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 23:23:23 »

Unfortunately, all I can do at the moment is apologise on behalf of Vstep, there will be a good reason for this delay.

Sorry I cannot offer further assistance at this time.

Regards.

DJM.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 23:29:48 »

Thank you but I would like to know if debit cards are excepted. I hope the reason is a reasonable one.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 23:31:21 »

Thank you but I would like to know if debit cards are excepted.

Was your payment accepted when you went through the purchase procedure?

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 23:36:17 »

Yes it was, I was given a purchase order number which I do not have and it said the card has been successfully processed and that I would receive the link shortly but i haven't yet. I bought it on thursday

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 23:41:32 »

Yes it was, I was given a purchase order number which I do not have and it said the card has been successfully processed and that I would receive the link shortly but i haven't yet. I bought it on thursday

Ok, thanks for updating me there :)

there must be an issue that is causing this delay, I do not have access to the payment system however.  I can only advise that you give the system time, it can take longer with some cards to process the payment.

I have had to wait up to 7 days in the past for an online purchase to be processed, depending on which card I used.

Again I apologise for this problem, but I'm sure it will be resolved as soon as is humanly possible.  Not what you want to hear I know, but give it a little more time :)

Regards.

DJM.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 23:50:49 »

Okay thank you. I am sorry for being a pain, I just played the 2006 demo and loved so I want to get the 2008

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 23:52:53 »

Okay thank you. I am sorry for being a pain, I just played the 2006 demo and loved so I want to get the 2008

You're very welcome :)

No need to apologise at all, I fully understand the situation, it's annoying :(

I will PM one of the admins to see if we can get this resolved for you :)

Regards.

DJM.

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 00:02:09 »

Thank you very much

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 00:03:12 »

Thank you very much

You're welcome :)

Hopefully it will be resolved very soon :)

Regards.

DJM.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines