Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 11:25:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Demo  (Read 1678 times)

disco_mg

• Forum member
Problems with Demo
« on: March 24, 2008, 05:38:58 »

Hello all i have recently downloaded the demo of SS 08.

I can got the game to run. I recieve this error when i try to start the game.

Questviewer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.Would you like to report this error.

My Laptop has the following hardware.

Intel Pentium M Proceesor 1.73Ghz
0.99 Ghz of Ram
Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (Graphics Card)

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Problems with Demo
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:59:32 »

Hello disco_mg, and welcome!

It seems that your machine is below specs to run SS08m unfortunatly.

Your processor is below specs and also that onboard graphics card (I think that's an onboard one, right?) could be insufficient.

But you could post your dxdiag if you want, for a closer look..

Your dxdiag can be obtained by following these instructions:

Click Start > Run. type in dxdiag and press Enter.  You may see a popup asking about WHQL drivers, click Yes/Ok to proceed.

In the window that appears, click the button that says Save All Information, when the Save Dialog box appears, save the file to your desktop.  To upload the file here, click Additional Options underneath the reply area and choose Browse near Attach.  Browse to your desktop, click the file and click Open.

*  Windows Vista users need to press the Windows Key + R to access the Run prompt.

You can then post your reply with the file attached.

Regards,
Fred

disco_mg

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:11:22 »

Thanks for the reply Fred

Here is the file

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:17:13 »

No problem..

Okay, I'm no expert but some things I notice:

Your processor, as I allready mentioned, is below spec. The requirements state that you need a 2.4Ghz processor.

Your graphics card does have the required memory, but the onboard ones are not the greatest ones out there.
(I have no experience with those to be honest, I don't know this particular one)

The graphics driver that is installed is from 6/8/2005, so it's pretty much out of date. You might want to update that.

Also your sound driver is equally out of date (9/24/2005). An update is also recommended for this one.

Now, there is a chance that you can run the game when you update the drivers, but if so, then with the below spec processor, you will probably still encounter strange behaviour and have some problems running it properly.

Not what you want to hear, I reckon, but there you have it..  :-\

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:53 »

Hi, disco_mg.

As the tecchie around here, I've just looked at your dxdiag report. As Fred says, the main problem is that your processor is nowhere near the required speed (2.4 GHz needed). I could talk you through getting your system to start to run the game (new video drivers, codecs and so on), but even then, the game would be slow and jerky at best and you'd probably suffer frequent crashes.

So all in all, your current Laptop is probably not going to be the one that you run Ship Simulator on. Sorry.

It's a pity, because Ship Simulator is an excellent program. Well worth investing in some higher-spec harware as and when you have the funds.

Hope to see you back sometime soon!

disco_mg

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 07:26:46 »

Thanks guys for your help

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 08:30:17 »

No problem!  :)