Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 11:32:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I fasten a line  (Read 2150 times)

pepe3w

• Forum member
How can I fasten a line
« on: March 23, 2008, 23:39:21 »

Hi,

Is there any way to fasten one line to bring near that part of the ship? and then the other, etc?

Thanks
Jose

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: How can I fasten a line
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:48:48 »

Hi :)

To fasten a line, you need to click on the mooring button, then select the bollard button.

Orange spheres will appear around mooring points. Click on one, and then another on which you want to fasten :)

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 14:36:20 »

Hi, thanks for your replay.

What I want to mean is once you have connected a mooring point in the ship with bollard in land, how can I tense the rope.

I am very sorry but English is not my mother language and is even worse with this marine terms...

Thank you.
Jose

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 14:43:03 »

Hi pepe3w,

you can not tighten the ropes by means of a mooring winch or so. If your vessels comes closer to the bollard, the rope should be shortened by it's own - hopefully.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 14:53:54 »

Bottman, do you know if that's something that might get included one day (working towing winch's)? Because for me, that would 'complete' the whole ship-sim package. :)

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 14:56:39 »

I agree and this feature is one of the tops of my personal wish list. Hopefully we can convince the development team of VSTEP. We need mooring winches as well as towing winches.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 15:40:21 »

Hello pepe3w,
If you click on the red cross of a mooring line when it is slack, it will let go and then you can reset it to be tighter. You can do that as often as you like, until you have your ship moored as tight as you want her to be.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 22:46:06 »

I'm with Bottman and pepe3w on this one Moving a ship by hauling on a cable is an essential part of ship handling.  iIdon't know whether extra players requesting gives any boost to Bottman's pleas but, if so, mine's a Yes Ple-e-e-e-e=ase.   I assume if it is added for mooring ropes it will apply to anchor cables as well.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 12:22:51 »

Thank to you all for your replays!!

YES, it would be a very nice feature for the next upgrade.

I think it is almost implemented, its just like towing from that point of the ship to the other point in the land. The vector forces are the same like towing from another ship.

Actually we could use another ships to push from the other side and make the vessel come closer to the bollard. But, I dont know if it is possible to have more than one crontrollable vessel at the same time in singleplayer mode.

Any way, thanks very much. Cant wait to download the new addon right now!! :P

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 13:42:50 »

I think this would be a great idea although I do have some concernn as to how effective it would be. Depending on the simulated mass of the vessel, you may find that if you're in the bugsier for example, and you wanted to 'winch in' the Vermaas then the Vermaas would probably stay where it is and the Bugsier would haul itself in.

I think that would be the case but I hope I'm proven wrong ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 21:21:34 »

No.  I think you are correct Captain.  The same would happen in real life - the smaller mass would be the one that would move.   We are talking about a vessel winching itself in to a wharf (or even to a stationary ship)

Pepe, it is possible to have more than one vessel moving within the game (but not control them at the same time)  If you switch vessels from one that is under power, it will remain under power (and steering) while you operate the new vessel you have chosen.   to operate two vessels in close proximity as you are suggesting would take some fancy switching between them to check what is happening but it could be done.

For example - Vermaas could be going slowly astern with  the helm hard over and a tug could be pushing her in - if Vermaas was moving slowly enough you could probably stay with the tug as you would be able to see what was happening to Vermaas.

Why not try making a short test mission and see how you get on?

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 22:01:14 »

How do you switch vessels? Is there any keyboard combination?

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 10:48:43 »

A row of icons of all the ships in the mission together with their visible way points is shown at the top left of the screen.
When you want to switch ships you just click on the icon of the ship you want and everything changes to that ship.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines