Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 14:21:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Horizons download?  (Read 5375 times)

Cobrattack

• Forum member
Re: New Horizons download?
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 18:54:56 »

Hopefully

budbud

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 19:34:16 »

I hope so. Don't so if it is the same in England and other countries but in France, Monday is a day off for Easter.
I hope it's not the same in England or we will have to wait at least until tuesday!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 19:36:05 by budbud »
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!

TerryRussell

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 19:44:49 »

Depending where you mean in the UK, everywhere has Monday as what is called a "Bank Holiday". That means most people have the day off. In some areas (more so in the South, but not exclusively) we also have Good Friday as a Bank Holiday. But in the Midlands and North of the country, many areas don't have the Friday off, but have Tuesday instead (part of our varied industrial heritage!).

But, as Vstep are Dutch, what holidays we have in the UK may not have a great effect.  ;D

In any case, 4th April is looking to be the current favoured date (although 28th March is also mentioned elsewhere). In any case, don't get your hopes up. This/these is/are just scheduled, not promised...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 19:47:08 by TerryRussell »

budbud

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 20:45:47 »

Thanks for the explanation Terry.  ;)
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 20:54:01 »

If you go to this link, http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,6372.0.html , you will find that some of your suggestions may not be accurate, but, I agree that it probably, no matter how desperate you are, is not a good idea to download schiff_simulator_2008_neue_horizonte if you don't understand German, however, a lot of members out there have more than one language, (I have tried very hard to learn German but failed miserably,  :), at least I tried ;)), I think I may change the sig saying to, ("My grandmother says something, my ears hear something else."
The real meaning is deeper. It means that the young do not listen to the old.)  ;D
Hi Cobrattack, I think we have our wires crossed here. I was agreeing with you that, unless you can speak and read German well, it would not be a good idea to download the German version. There were two other people in that link who had started with the English version of SS08 and successfully upgraded to the German version of 'New Horizons'. There are a lot of people out there who are fluent in German but live outside of it. The Dutch are a multi-lingual nation and although 'ExHavendienstRotterdam' is sitting in Australia he may be able to speak and read German fluently.

Sorry if I misled anyone with that post but the message is " no matter how desperate you are, is not a good idea to download schiff_simulator_2008_neue_horizonte if you don't understand German
Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2008, 21:21:52 »

But, as Vstep are Dutch, what holidays we have in the UK may not have a great effect.  ;D

In any case, 4th April is looking to be the current favoured date (although 28th March is also mentioned elsewhere). In any case, don't get your hopes up. This/these is/are just scheduled, not promised...
Hi Terry, sorry to disappoint everyone but it looks like the Netherlands Bank Holidays for Easter are 'Good Friday' and 'Easter Monday' :(. I'll just keep looking every day and be happy that it works properly when I eventually download the best ship sim around.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

TerryRussell

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2008, 21:35:47 »

Hi Dave.

Note my words: "In any case, 4th April is looking to be the current favoured date (although 28th March is also mentioned elsewhere). In any case, don't get your hopes up. This/these is/are just scheduled, not promised..."  ;)

But there are some other goodies on the way, I believe, so watch out for those! Keep your eye on the Annoucements section of this forum.  ;)  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines