Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 17:21:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some comments  (Read 3111 times)

mattug

• Forum member
Some comments
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:26:53 »

I did buy the SS08 yesteday i am impressed but there are somethings that are needed to be corrected as soon as possible.

1 when using for exeple the Pride of rotterdam and use the steering by muse just one of the rudder is folloving. And when you use the keyboard you can only select 0 or 45 degress. Is this pssible to be corrected.

2 When useing the ferry terminal the ship does just thrugh the fender and dont stop. Is this pobbile to be corrected?

3 When we there be a tool tocreate own missions and use multiple ship for exemple harbout towage of the VLCC?

Thanks for a fantastic game.

/
Mattias

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
Re: Some comments
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:22:24 »

1 when using for exeple the Pride of rotterdam and use the steering by muse just one of the rudder is folloving. And when you use the keyboard you can only select 0 or 45 degress. Is this pssible to be corrected.

If you press down the right shift key while using the arrow keys for ajusting rudder and speed settings, the controls will stay in the position where you left them (read the manual for further keyboard tips). However I find this rather annoying as I would like to have it the other way around (pressing shift will move the control to extremity). Unfortunately it is not posible for the user to ajust this (yet).

In the Solent environment the two forts to the east seem to be off position... Can anyone confirm this? I have not heard of any simulated GPS input errors in the game but it might be mistaken... :D

Regards
groennegaard

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
Re: Some comments
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:54:43 »

I know that I have mentioned this before in a comment to Bottman's excellent beta-videos, but as the error is still there in version 1, I will mention it again in the hope that someone from Vstep is reading these comments.

On the Vstep version of Pride of Rotterdam the funnel-mast is missing. This is important because the aft masthead light is mounted in this mast on the original. Instead the aft masthead light is placed in the radar mast just few metres abaft the fore masthead light. But this is an illegal mounting as the 'International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea' Annex I concerning 'Positioning and technical details of lights and shapes' states:

3. Horizontal positioning and spacing of lights

(a) When two masthead lights are prescribed for a power-driven vessel, the
horizontal distance between them shall not be less than one-half of the length of
the vessel but need not be more than 100 metres. The forward light shall be
placed not more than one-quarter on the length of the vessel from the stem.

This means that on the Pride of Rotterdam (215.1m OA) there has to be at least 100 metres between the two masthead lights...   

As the photo shows, the original has a mast by the funnel with the aft masthead light and it is obvious that there is more than one-half of the length of the vessel between the lights.

If Vstep wants to sell this product to navigation schools, the lights must be right.  :)

Best regards
groennegaard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines