Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 01:33:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which view?  (Read 1690 times)

Quaysider

• Forum member
Which view?
« on: March 13, 2008, 20:45:08 »

Just a general nosey query, which view do you use the most? From the helm or external? I'm nornally external from astern unless towing when I often use the helm view reversed.

Chris-S1

• Forum member
Re: Which view?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 20:45:56 »

external

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 20:51:03 »

Helm of course, and walktrough mode to check out what I am doing from other spots.  :)

Sometimes external to compensate for the lack of realistic knowledge of what's going on directly around you, but it is a sim, so first person view is my view of choice normally.

Regards,
Fred

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 20:57:15 »

Depends where I am in the harbour, and what I'm doing (towing, mooring for example). Sometimes I fancy a change of view and sometimes I use all of them but generally it's the inside view so I can get a real feel of piloting a vessel ;)

I do love to see the vessel list, fall and rise on the waves though, and for that I use external views, specially on the larger ships  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Muttzcuttz

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 21:14:57 »

External, becuase for some reason on internal views you dont hear any ambient sounds.  ::)

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 21:25:00 »

If I'm on a large vessel I use 'bridge view' and a 'walk through' out on the bridge wing with an occasional look at the exterior from the stern and panning around for the same reason as Mad_Fred said. With tugs I use all the views and with the small or fast vessels just 'exterior view' because you need to be aware of everything around you when you are traveling at 40 Kn.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 08:39:24 »

From the helm and walk through to check the view from the bridge wings (where available).

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:42:49 »

Depends, If I am in the middle of the atlantic doing a mission I will be in the bridge. If I am in tight space docking a fast ferry, external

TJK

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 08:51:15 »

Mostly from the helm and walk around to the bridge wings depens wat wessel ore wat i shal duo and were i are, in Vermasse i alveis From the helm and walk through to check the view from the bridge wings more realistic that way  but sometimes external to compensate for the lack of realistic knowledge of what's going on directly around you and see after pirate sailors like sink you ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines