Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 23:49:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Gaming Clan  (Read 14249 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
New Gaming Clan
« on: July 05, 2007, 12:56:03 »

Hiya everyone :)

I am thinking of starting a new gaming clan for Ship Simulator 2008 to coincide with the Multiplayer release.  For those who have no idea what a clan is, please see below ;)

Quote from Wiki regarding clans:

'In computer and video gaming, a clan or guild is a group of players who regularly play together in a particular (or various different) multiplayer games. The word "clan" comes from the gaelic word "clann" meaning group of children. These games range from groups of a few friends to 1000-person organizations, with a broad range of structures, goals and members. Numerous clans exist for nearly every online game available today, notably in first-person shooters, massively multiplayer games, role-playing games, and strategy games.'

This clan will give us an 'extra element' to the multiplayer side of Ship Sim '08 (and beyond) as the development progresses ;)

I've already chosen an initial name for the clan and tried to find one that had unique 'Tags'.  Tags are the letters before your name to represent your clan membership.

Example:
[RWP] in my nickname.  This stands for Real World Productions, the first (and only) clan I have ever been involved with previously.  I founded this 'multi-gaming' clan in October 2006 and it's still going, although I don't involve myself in the clan duties anymore (I passed the torch to the senior members last month).

Anyone interested in joining, please let me know and we will make plans to get the clan up and running :D

Of course, any suggestions are more than welcome (either here or in PM).  The more suggestions we have and the more members involved, the better it will be, not just for us but for the future of Ship Sim :D

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: New Gaming Clan
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 13:11:34 »

Yes please im in ready and waiting with headset(never done this before
but mate's all play online talking to each other )
So roll on with the muliplayer can't wait
                                                       :( ::)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 14:05:35 »

Yes your moderatorness,

Sounds like a good idea :)

(whats all this headset stuff about, btw. I thought there wasn't going to be any voice transmission capabilities in this version).

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Fox Luna

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 15:46:27 »

Hiya everyone :)

I am thinking of starting a new gaming clan for Ship Simulator 2008 to coincide with the Multiplayer release.  For those who have no idea what a clan is, please see below ;)

Quote from Wiki regarding clans:

'In computer and video gaming, a clan or guild is a group of players who regularly play together in a particular (or various different) multiplayer games. The word "clan" comes from the gaelic word "clann" meaning group of children. These games range from groups of a few friends to 1000-person organizations, with a broad range of structures, goals and members. Numerous clans exist for nearly every online game available today, notably in first-person shooters, massively multiplayer games, role-playing games, and strategy games.'

This clan will give us an 'extra element' to the multiplayer side of Ship Sim '08 (and beyond) as the development progresses ;)

I've already chosen an initial name for the clan and tried to find one that had unique 'Tags'.  Tags are the letters before your name to represent your clan membership.

Example:
[RWP] in my nickname.  This stands for Real World Productions, the first (and only) clan I have ever been involved with previously.  I founded this 'multi-gaming' clan in October 2006 and it's still going, although I don't involve myself in the clan duties anymore (I passed the torch to the senior members last month).

Anyone interested in joining, please let me know and we will make plans to get the clan up and running :D

Of course, any suggestions are more than welcome (either here or in PM).  The more suggestions we have and the more members involved, the better it will be, not just for us but for the future of Ship Sim :D

Regards.

DJM.

This sounds like a very good idea ;)

regards
Fox Luna

MPSS     Multiplayer Ship Simmers Clan

Register NOW -------> www.mpssclan.co.uk

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 15:56:27 »

Yes your moderatorness,

Sounds like a good idea :)

(whats all this headset stuff about, btw. I thought there wasn't going to be any voice transmission capabilities in this version).

Stu

LOL @ first bit :P

As the Multiplayer is still WIP and full details are not yet available, we don't know what features are going to be included.  There are alternatives if VOIP is not one of the inclusions......Teamspeak or Ventrillo could be used for comms for the time being ;)

1 point I would like to make clear for anyone wishing to join:

Only members with legally purchased versions of the game will be accepted.  Anyone found to not have a legal version will either be denied membership of the clan or dismissed from the clan without hesitation.  We are trying to promote the online features here, so it's only fair to Vstep and all members for this to be a rule that, IS NOT, and WILL NEVER BE, open to negotiation.

Other aspects of the clan should be a discussion between members I believe :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

hongzhu

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 09:10:30 »

yes it does sould like a good idea id love to join as i love being in clans and helping others out in the clan when they need it so sign me up buddy

xX_Renegade_Xx

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 10:10:10 »

(I thought there wasn't going to be any voice transmission capabilities in this version).

Stu

Vent and Teamspeak (as mentioned by my bro) are two great programs, great for tactical play ;)

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 10:20:35 »

Where do I sign?

Season

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:23:40 »

I bet I can not join after all what I told you what I would love to do in multiplayer... haha! :D

-keeps on imagining-

hongzhu

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 22:38:01 »

hey nubcake wat do u like to do in multiplayer?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 22:40:50 »

I can answer that in a word.....'CRAZY' :P

Although, she will explain why I guess ;)

As I have already told her, she needs Battlefield 2 for her 'addiction' :P

Gustav

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 00:46:30 »

Sign me up for sure  ;D

EDIT:Everyone is welcome ?...
Sincerely Gustav.

"All religions must be accepted, Because every man must come to heaven the way he see fit". Whilhelm 2 "Whilhelm Grobe"

Nescit Occasum

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 08:06:05 »

Everyone is welcome ?...

Indeed :)

Of course, my post about legal versions of Ship Simulator will apply to anyone wishing to join ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Ship Sim

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 08:11:25 »

Sounds like a good idea. ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 11:02:38 »

Thanks for the replies everyone, good to hear we have potentials ;D

Ok, as I've already mentioned, I have a name chosen.  I am about to setup some clan forums in the next week or so, as soon as they're up, I will post the link here.  You will then be able to register and we can start things rolling ;)

There will be public areas and member-only areas.  We may also need some Moderators on there, so anyone interested, let me know :D

I intend to assign at least 2 admins, but you must have previous experience of administration of a forum ;)

These forums will be used to discuss 'clan-related' subjects and are not intended to detract from our wonderful community here ;)

If you have any suggestions regarding the clan setup or the new forums, please let me know (in PM if necessary).

Regards.

DJM.

Season

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 11:04:56 »

Well I heard there will come soemthing where you can make your own boats with. Do "turrets" say enough? :D. I wish they would work and not be decorative XD.

but don't worry, if no one wants me to sink people I will listen XD

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 12:42:37 »

Well I heard there will come soemthing where you can make your own boats with. Do "turrets" say enough? :D. I wish they would work and not be decorative XD.

but don't worry, if no one wants me to sink people I will listen XD

I think that's very immature and selfish. It might be funny to you but other people may not see it in the same way.
You are just looking to be a nuisense.

02ian

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 12:55:07 »

I'd join (as soon as i get the game) (assuming it runs)

what area/ map would the clan operate in?
(personally i prefer the Solent)

Season

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 13:35:23 »

I think that's very immature and selfish. It might be funny to you but other people may not see it in the same way.

I know. I am just kidding. Never take me too serious XD.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 13:38:24 by Nub Cake »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 13:35:38 »

A further update for you all:

The clan forums are up:

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Clan

That is the name I chose, tags are [MPSS].  All topics are locked at the moment and no registrations are possible, I just wanted to know what you think of it so far :D

I have made 2 posts in the News & Announcements section ;)

I will add more skins soon and you will be able to select your own, instead of the forum default ;)

Hope you like it :D

Regards.

DJM.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 21:06:31 by [RWP]DJM »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 13:42:38 »

Registrations are now possible :D

Regards.

DJM.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 14:15:39 »

Oh for heaven sake. get a life.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Season

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 14:46:19 »

Oh for heaven sake. get a life.

Stu

Haha, thanks for helping me, but I wish the flames would end here ;).

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 14:53:43 »

A further update for you all:

The clan forums are up:

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Clan

That is the name I chose, tags are [MPSS].  All topics are locked at the moment and no registrations are possible, I just wanted to know what you think of it so far :D

I have made 2 posts in the News & Announcements section ;)

I will add more skins soon and you will be able to select your own, instead of the forum default ;)

Hope you like it :D

Regards.

DJM.
Like the new site looks really good

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 15:46:21 »

I'd be interested. I'm sure I could fit it in somwhere between BF2142 and MSTS.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines