Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 13:27:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing Vessel  (Read 3208 times)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Fishing Vessel
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:24:09 »

The fishing vessel in the addon pack has one minor bug.

It has a bow truster that works. (with keyboard/joy stick controls) but is not on the popup controls or in the wheelhouse.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: Fishing Vessel
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:14:50 »

is the actual control in the wheelhouse??? or is it there and out of action??? i hope it will be fixed as this is the ship i am looking forward to  :'(  :'(
Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:16:00 »

The fishing vessel in the addon pack has one minor bug.

It has a bow truster that works. (with keyboard/joy stick controls) but is not on the popup controls or in the wheelhouse.

and do you think we would have enough time to report this to ship simulator and get it sorted???
Kind Regards,
Jack.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 09:58:59 »

Jack a trawler like her and that class never had thrusters we had to manuver the ship
without they were not even thought of .
Believe me you'r beloved north star will do what you want when you learn the trick of
handling this type of ship  ;D thats were the fun is
                                                                       Eric

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 10:02:07 »

Hi guys,

I reported it, as I tested it and she does seem to respond to the thruster input.
Shouldn't be there as I see it, as this vessel does indeed not have one.

Regards,
Fred

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 16:39:38 »

Hi guys,

I reported it, as I tested it and she does seem to respond to the thruster input.
Shouldn't be there as I see it, as this vessel does indeed not have one.

Regards,
Fred

ok thats fine! i did actually wonder about whether there should be a bow thruster on the north star! so what will happen then? will the bow thruster be taken out or will it be left there for use?
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 18:45:15 »

Thanks Fred. I was hoping she has one because I seem to over steer her. She likes to take a delay when I center the rudder back. :( Had to circle around a few mission area's because I missed it by a hair. Anyway, glad I found that. ^.^

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 18:53:50 »

Thanks for let me know. She's a total nightmare to steer and she's nothing like the one in SS2006 (which was actually easy to control). The bow thruster would be a huge help, even though she's not supposed to have one!  ;)

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 19:01:01 »

Come on guys she is a great little ship when you learn not to over steer with the wheel
you will surprize yourself with just what can be done without thruster magic word PRACTICE   ;)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 19:07:48 »

Not over steering with her is hard. I even tried a joystick so I could didn't get my rudder all the way left or right and it still doesn't work. -.- Stupid boat.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 23:38:33 »

If you are patient you will find that this ship steers like a dream very soon now, when version 1.4 comes out.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Ule

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 08:30:44 »

My opinion is that all converted 2006 Addon ships have awful maneuvering characteristics. I take the Agile as an example because I was captain on a ship like that. She has a turning circle like the Titanic. Feederships like that should turn on the plate because they have to maneuvre in narrow places, you should be able to park her like a car. With that one I would always request a Tug for berthing and the ship would loose her charter.

Greetings Ule
FX8150 (8 Cores Zambesi) auf Biostar TA990FXE
Grafik: HD 7850
8 GB Ram
256 GB Samsung 830 SSD
Win7/64 Prof

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 08:52:25 »

I agree. Even the Ocean Star had a totally different handling characteristics in SS2008. I don't really play any of the SS2008 Add-on ships as they are pretty awful to steer/control.

Which is a shame as I loved them all in the original SS2006 game. (and they were easier to handle too!)

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 09:32:28 »

Hi guys.

You cannot really judge the characteristics from an unfinished product.

The addon you have wasn't a final product. there will be an update. And there's been talk about the handling of certain ships before and there was also some info given about the handling still being worked on.

So I think that it will not stay the same after the addon is upgraded/released  (ss06 addon users/new users)

Regards,
Fred

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 09:34:06 »

Hi guys.

You cannot really judge the characteristics from an unfinished product.

The addon you have wasn't a final product. there will be an update. And there's been talk about the handling of certain ships before and there was also some info given about the handling still being worked on.

So I think that it will not stay the same after the addon is upgraded/released  (ss06 addon users/new users)

Regards,
Fred

And since the bug has been reported and this is going back to the characteristics of handling witch was not the first topic idea. I have locked the topic and will start a new topic about the  and what people would like to see. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines