Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 21:38:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *sigh* Lost Code  (Read 5303 times)

TitanicDL

• Forum member
*sigh* Lost Code
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:33:05 »

Hi all,

I just got my Lap Top back after being repaired, and my Ship Simulator was installed on it. The laptop had a hard drive failure, so therefore, Ship Sim isn't installed anymore on the new drive. I wanted to play today, but can't find the code to reinstall it. I have the CD. If I remember correctly, the code was on the paper CD insert. Can't find it anywhere.

Is there a way to get the code back? perhaps read it off the CD?? This happened with a game previous; the Sims 2. I had lost the code, I sent the CD to EA and they were able to get it for me. I have no Proof of Purchase, but I got the game with my dad at COMP USA before they closed. It's Ship Sim 2006.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: *sigh* Lost Code
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:43:02 »

I'm afraid it doesn't look promising. You may have to purchase the game again or buy Ship Sim 08 (which is much better than 06 ;D).

You could always contact VSTEP and give them your details, not sure what they can do though.

Sorry I can't be of more help  :-\
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TitanicDL

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:53:35 »

Thanks for the reply. I knew it didn't look promising, but what can ya do. I don't understand why the code would be on a paper CD Insert, as opposed to a Manual or a Jewel CD case. LOL! Everyone here puts CD's in the Jewel cases, so chances are, that's why it was lost.  :-[

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 02:12:23 »

I would be upset in your shoes too. I may be wrong, there may be a way that you can recover your license key although I think the chance of doing so will be slim.

However, why not buy ShipSim 08? It's much better than ShipSim 06 in my opinion :)

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TJK

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 03:16:39 »

Hi all,

I just got my Lap Top back after being repaired, and my Ship Simulator was installed on it. The laptop had a hard drive failure, so therefore, Ship Sim isn't installed anymore on the new drive. I wanted to play today, but can't find the code to reinstall it. I have the CD. If I remember correctly, the code was on the paper CD insert. Can't find it anywhere.

Is there a way to get the code back? perhaps read it off the CD?? This happened with a game previous; the Sims 2. I had lost the code, I sent the CD to EA and they were able to get it for me. I have no Proof of Purchase, but I got the game with my dad at COMP USA before they closed. It's Ship Sim 2006.

go here http://www.shipsim.com/support/contact+us.php  and axplain the vstep suport the probleme, mybe they can help you but i can't promise

TitanicDL

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 04:02:27 »

Thanks guys :)

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:12:22 »

I would be interested in knowing if they were able to help you and what info they needed for future reference.  I have the download version and have my code on e-mail, my c drive, as well as a back-up drive but there still is the very slim posibility of all of those failing.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 08:17:47 »

Hi cobrattack..

there is another tip to consider...

pencil... paper..  safe place.. old fashioned backup!   ;D

Regards,
Fred

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 08:32:06 »

Greetings,
I did that,and they are sticked to my computerscreen,on the side of it,that works to.
Also when Vstep is not able to help you out.
I also recoment the 2008 version.It's more realistic than the 2006 version,and more fun.
Marc
N

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 08:57:31 »

I did that,and they are sticked to my computerscreen,on the side of it,that works to.

Hi Marc,

Me too, I got about 10 post-it notes on the side of my monitor with license keys and such.. hehe..
I guess that 'good old' method still works like a charm eh?  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 14:34:21 »

I also bought the download version and printed out the email I received from VSETP to ensure I didn't loose it. I also put together a list of license keys for all software, so that if I need to install Windows or Vista I can do so by looking at one sheet!  ;D

Old fashioned way works best eh?  ;)

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 03:36:09 »

Apparently you guys haven't seen my filing system,, or lack there of!!! hehe  But seriously since you have to register your keys and all on here to do anything VSTEP should have a copy of it available.  That is of course saying that you registered it to begin with.  If you didn't then there's no way for them to have a record of you unfortunately.

Jocke

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 00:07:15 »

If you registerd 2006 on this forum, the code is showed under your profile..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines