Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 05:31:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: new ships  (Read 11276 times)

tinie

• Forum member
new ships
« on: February 13, 2008, 16:52:56 »

Hi
i have seen that there are new ships comming out soon for SS08 are they going to be for download use or will you have to pay for them in a add-on pack?

Tinie

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: new ships
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 17:08:34 »

The New Horizons one? I think you will have to pay. But could a moderator dev or beta tester clarify this? :)

capt kieran

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 17:14:47 »

thats pretty cool though cofusing.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 17:28:25 »

From what I can see from the pics, the water looks better ;D

I excpect it will be worth every penny! :D

NathanC

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 17:51:01 »

What pictures? And will it be a download or a boxed product? If it's boxed, i'm getting it, no doubt...

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 17:52:17 »

There will be two ways to get the new ships :

1. If you already own a valid license for Ship Sim 2006 addon pack, you can (it's already possible) download the ships of this addon, converted for Ship Sim 2008.

2. A new add on will be released, called "New Horizon". This one will contain : the ship's of the above addon, plus other new ships (a powerful harbourg tug with VSP propulsion, and a barge pusher, whose engine room will be modelled too), and plus a new navigation zone (Cornwall in great britain).

You can see screenshots of all this here :

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,4991.0.html

Regards,

Denis

tinie

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 17:54:42 »

so it is going to be available for download?

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 17:57:22 »

so it is going to be available for download?

I don't have this information, but it will very probably be available in both versions (box and download), like was  ship sim 2006 addon ...

Regards,

Denis

tinie

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 18:00:53 »

will you have to pay for the download or will it be free i shudda said that before

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 18:03:46 »

There will be two ways to get the new ships :
2. A new add on will be released, called "New Horizon". This one will contain : the ship's of the above addon, plus other new ships (a powerful harbourg tug with VSP propulsion, and a barge pusher, whose engine room will be modelled too), and plus a new navigation zone (Cornwall in great britain).
Regards,

Denis

Excuse me Denis, but it will not  be a VSP-driven tug, but an azimuth tractor tug (ATT), originally powered by two Aquamaster Azimuth Thrusters. And we get those thrusters in a free turning mode (360 degree) like the original "Bugsier 2"...

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 18:06:25 »

will you have to pay for the download or will it be free i shudda said that before

If you already have a valid license for the SS2006 addon, the ships of it are available without having to pay anything. (IE if you already PAYED for the SS2006 addon, you can beneficy of it's ships without having to pay again for it.)

The New Horizon Add On will be a full add on, and this one won't be free.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 18:12:47 »

Excuse me Denis, but it will not  be a VSP-driven tug, but an azimuth tractor tug (ATT), originally powered by two Aquamaster Azimuth Thrusters. And we get those thrusters in a free turning mode (360 degree) like the original "Bugsier 2"...

Cheers

Hi bottman,

you're right, I was talking about VSP to explain it was free turning mode thrusters ... But it's aquamaster :)

sorry for that !

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 18:45:09 »

No problem! Hopefully all azimuth driven vessels (BUGSIER 2, RED EAGLE, OCEAN STAR) will have free turnable propulsion units soon. Until now we can turn them by 180 degree into each direction, but not further. That will change... ::)

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 18:51:06 »

I so muche agree with you Bottman ....

For now I simply don't use azimuth driven vessels for this reason :(

tinie

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 18:57:19 »

i wish they would make it free to download because it would be more funner for the younger people who dont have jobs XD ;D

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 19:00:02 »

i wish they would make it free to download because it would be more funner for the younger people who dont have jobs XD ;D

I don't think it will be the case, tinie ...

A firm needs to sell its products to stay alive :-)

tinie

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 19:06:28 »

lol, yeah i suppose but they produced other boats and put them in a download patch but that was only two boats soo.. i suppose thats why they gonna sell it

NathanC

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 19:55:15 »

I'm old enough, and i still bought SS2008 with my own money. I'm also going to buy New Horizons.

*any mods who want to remove my age, sorry if i wasn't meant to post it

Edit: OK? Luc
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 20:03:48 by LucAtC »

mvsmith

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 20:02:45 »

No problem! Hopefully all azimuth driven vessels (BUGSIER 2, RED EAGLE, OCEAN STAR) will have free turnable propulsion units soon. Until now we can turn them by 180 degree into each direction, but not further. That will change... ::)

Cheers

Michael,
Red Eagle has VSPs, which are, technically, not azimuthing propellers. Their thrust can be directed through the full 360 degrees.
Regards,
Marty

I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that you meant steering using the keyboard—which is not really a sensible way to steer a large vessel, especially one with azimuth drives or VSP. One of the reasons so many have trouble with the Red Eagle is that they have the idea that keys are easier to use than the wheels. The opposite is true.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 20:51:33 by mvsmith »

dycore

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 20:10:58 »

i like the pushboat,still missing inland cargo vessels

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 20:58:18 »

Michael,
Red Eagle has VSPs, which are, technically, not azimuthing propellers. Their thrust can be directed through the full 360 degrees.
Regards,
Marty

I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that you meant steering using the keyboard—which is not really a sensible way to steer a large vessel, especially one with azimuth drives or VSP. One of the reasons so many have trouble with the Red Eagle is that they have the idea that keys are easier to use than the wheels. The opposite is true.

Isn't that the definition of azimuth steeing - the 360 degree turnable propulsion  ;) ? And hey, it's quite easy to steer all three vessels by means of the keyboard with a little experience. I do so and all manoeuvres, incl. the so called "Tug-Ballet", are possible with the keys! Can't wait to show you some videos about that!  ;D

Best regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

mvsmith

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 22:02:35 »

Michael,
The distinction is that azimuth drives involve rotating a propeller to face in the desired direction, but the VSP does not. The cyclic pitch of a VSP’s blades is changed, in much the same way a helicopter’s blades are.
Regards,
Marty

capt kieran

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 22:34:21 »

it sucks cause i bought the game with my own money but now we half toget a new computer because we need 2 computers.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 03:14:52 »

And this is relevant to this thread or even this game, because??

RoyalMarine1

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 20:52:25 »

HI EVERYONE

Does anyone know if there is going to be a cruise ship on ss08 add-on: New Horizons like there is on ss06 add-on?
Captain Lewis (HM)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines