Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 15:34:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open sea question  (Read 1546 times)

dpsmith

• Forum member
Open sea question
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:46:35 »

Did a search, didn't find anything.

Ok first off havn't bought ship sim 08...yet. Demo wroks great though!

Anyhow, In the open sea area, could you sail lets say from San Fran to NY going around the world?
if not, could you say sail from San Fran to lets say the Aloha state? (cant spell it but every one should know where Aloha is from!) or anything esle that falls into the pacific?
I also see that they added multi player.. how excactly does that work?

Anyway thanks for the info!
David
"Captain" David Smith

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Open sea question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:04:47 »

Hello David and welcome to the forums.

In this game, you cannot sail around the world in real time. But you can sail from San Fransisco to New York via a (short section) of ocean or oceans, for example.

You can transfer to another environment, ingame, during a mission, and not just one, but a whole series of transfers if you so wish.
So you could start in Rotterdam, Then Transfer to the NorthSea, then transfer to The Solent, Make a stop in Southampton, Head back out and continue trough the Atlantic Ocean, to arrive in New York Harbor. Or any other combination you might like.

These open ocean enviroments are (off the top of my head) 10 square miles. So big enough to make for very long missions if you link them together with ports. And honestly, who has time to go on realisticly long trips anyway.  ;D

You can't sail to the Moku'āina o Hawai'i in this game, but you can sail to the Phi Phi Islands and they are very pretty indeed aswell. Although these are not in the pacific.  ;)  But you can sail the Pacific Ocean though, well, again, part of it.

Multiplayer to this date, is just a gathering of players on a certain environment in Free Roam mode. You can sail and chat and do "pretend" jobs, in absence of any objectives or waypoints. But you can tow or push or otherwise interact with each other.

In the future, there will be more possibilities to host missions that we can play together and the likes.

I hope this gives a clear picture of what to expect. There's more of course, like the missios editor, with which you can realise all these things you might want to do. There's ingame downloading of user made, custom missions. A ranking system that progresses with your experience, and much more.  :)

I hope this helps a bit!!

Regards,
Fred

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 05:18:28 »

Welcome to the forum, David:
As you can see, there already is a Smith here, and many members believe that one is enough. ;D
I, on the other hand, feel there can never be too many.
Regards,
Marty

dpsmith

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 15:35:15 »

Thanks fred..

I am still playing ship sim 06, I will be upgrading soon.
Thanks for the reply..

Oh and it depends on what smith your talking about marty..
Some of us smith's are a little... um.. rambunctious ;D

Well again thanks for the replys it helped me out.. alot!
David
"Captain" David Smith

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 23:42:44 »

My pleasure!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines