Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 17:11:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watching the ships traveling in UK waters.  (Read 1100 times)

Dave M

• Global Moderator
Watching the ships traveling in UK waters.
« on: February 04, 2008, 15:47:14 »

A mate of mine has just told me about a site that would interest almost everyone, it's called ShipAIS, it is fascinating. http://www.shipais.com/index.php will show you a map of the UK with the sea areas and all ships that have transponders, as your pointer hovers over a ship it will tell you its name, type, destination, speed and course. If you click on it you will get additional info and a photo if available. There are two webcams, one in Liverpool bay and one on the river. I highly recommend this site, I haven't had time to explore it all but what I have seen was very well done.

Wouldn't it be good if that info could be fed into the game so that the AI ships could follow the tracks of a real vessel sailing at that time in that location.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

reaper2008

Re: Watching the ships traveling in UK waters.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 17:21:14 »

A mate of mine has just told me about a site that would interest almost everyone, it's called ShipAIS, it is fascinating. http://www.shipais.com/index.php will show you a map of the UK with the sea areas and all ships that have transponders, as your pointer hovers over a ship it will tell you its name, type, destination, speed and course. If you click on it you will get additional info and a photo if available. There are two webcams, one in Liverpool bay and one on the river. I highly recommend this site, I haven't had time to explore it all but what I have seen was very well done.

Wouldn't it be good if that info could be fed into the game so that the AI ships could follow the tracks of a real vessel sailing at that time in that location.
Hi i think it would also be a good idea for that to be fed into the game the website is cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines