Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 14:27:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shipsim on laptop.  (Read 2305 times)

mtb2003

• Forum member
shipsim on laptop.
« on: January 29, 2008, 16:41:31 »

Hey, was just wondering, is it possible somehow to use your touchpad on the laptop to scroll? In the specs of the game, it says, Mouse with scroll-function or something like that. So I was wondering, is it possible do play without a mouse, but then again get the same 'functions' with a touchpad?  :)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: shipsim on laptop.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 21:19:20 »

Hiya mtb2003 and welcome to the forum :)

Have you purchased Ship Simulator 2008 yet?  If so, all technical questions must be asked in the relevant board:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

*  Please note:  To access this area, you will need to register your licence key into your forum profile.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the General FAQ's or PM a Moderator.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

mtb2003

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 22:11:21 »

Thank you. Well I'm new to this, so I downloaded a demo first I found on the internet. Is it the same with the full version? Or should I ask in the tehcnical support?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 22:16:10 »

The demo does have differences, especially since the updates have been released ;)

If you only have the demo version, you won't be able to access the Technical Support board.  Is it just the demo you have at the moment?

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

mtb2003

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 22:27:25 »

Yeah, I only have a demo version so..

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 22:31:20 »

Ok, thanks for the clarification :)

I can only offer my personal opinion on things with this question for now, but I have just asked the Development team to clarify this ;)

As far as I'm aware, Touchpads use an 'absolute' method of control for the mouse features, whereas a normal mouse uses 'relative' control.  This may cause a problem.  I cannot confirm this of course, until I receive a reply from Vstep :)

As soon as I know anything defnitive, I will let you know :)

Regards.

DJM.

mtb2003

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 22:39:57 »

oh, well thank you very much  :) Keep me posted  ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 22:42:25 »

You're very welcome, and I will :)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 12:00:39 »

Hiya mtb2003 :)

As promised, an update for you :)

This information is directly from the Ship Simulator Development Team:

You should be able to control the game with a touchpad yes. The cursor in-game is the same as the Windows cursor anyway. Some things might be moving a tad fast or slow, depending on the settings of the touchpad, like camera rotations.

Camera rotations and controlling on board or on the overlay are also based on the amount of movement of the cursor, not the 'absolute' position.

Hope this answers your question :)

Regards.

DJM.

mtb2003

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 09:04:55 »

Hey. Thanks for the comeback :) I'll try this now.

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 18:56:07 »

If you have modern touchpad on your laptop, with proper drivers, you can define the areas of interest in the "mouse"-section in windows Control panel.
You can define and enable/disable the "scroll up/down" and "scroll left/right" areas which then will be used for scrolling. After that, when you move you finger at selected position, area selected acts just like mouse's roller.
Also, in the same place you can create "hotspots" to the touchpad, to active several actions, with single or double tapping.

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 09:39:10 »

I use a laptop all the time for SS2008 (if you are on Vista you need the 2gb RAM) and there is no trouble with the touchpad.  In Settings you can nominate keys to represent the mousewheel - I use Page Up and Page Down to zoom in and out.  The only place this doesn't seem to work is in the Editor.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

TJK

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 09:44:14 »

you can bay a little mouse to the laptop also with usb
TJK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines