Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 10:40:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small forum suggestion.  (Read 7245 times)

Season

• Forum member
Re: Small forum suggestion.
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 14:13:20 »

Français est bête. Moi, je detesté le français :D
Means:
French is stupid. I hate French.
The language is too hard, but the language itself sounds awesome =).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 14:27:42 by Nub Cake »

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 15:19:07 »

Generally speaking, French is easier for speakers of Germanic languages than the reverse;  French has a simpler grammatical structure and less inflection.

Of course,for English speakers there is a lot of cognate vocabulary, thanks to ol' William  ;)

Cheers,
Michael
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 16:31:26 »

Greetings,
I believe a forum like this can be very educational to,besides the fact that what we all stands for,which is the ship-sim.
Thats also the reason,we have putted the topic"tell us where you are from" on it to.
I realy support the multi-languages forum,this means that i do like this german forum to,however i cant write german,but i can read it.
I hope in time,there will be a french-forum to,if we can find the right people to handle it,so this way we can help our french/canadian members to,which are not so easy with the english writing.
Also,i believe that we are than the first forum,which is multi-language,and i think it's a great benefit.
Maybe this is because i live in a multi-language country(Belgium),we have 3 official languages,for this very small country.
I can stand alone,with this oppinion,but i realy believe in it for 100%.
That's also the reason that i started with my english language,when i was young,and i did it al by myself.
I had prohably that time,an idea that i gonna use this very much,and you see,i was right.
O,yea ! I also still learn from you guy's,about writing some stuff.
Regards
Marc
N

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 16:50:21 »

<snip>

I hope in time,there will be a french-forum to,if we can find the right people to handle it,so this way we can help our french/canadian members to,which are not so easy with the english writing.
Also,i believe that we are than the first forum,which is multi-language,and i think it's a great benefit.
Maybe this is because i live in a multi-language country(Belgium),we have 3 official languages,for this very small country.

<snip>

I agree completely!

Cheers,
Michael
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 21:22:17 »

Marc, at the risk of the forum filing up with lots of 'I agrees' I do to.

As I go to Bruges and Ostende regularly for work (in the summer- starting again next month :) ) I really love the way the locals are so willing to help you speak their language (once you explain you'd rather learn their language than them speak english to you). I find that of my customers that I give a local guide and language guide enjoy their holidays there much more than those who make no effort to try.

Stu
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 21:27:29 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines