Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 13:44:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pride of Rathlin  (Read 11777 times)

Darryl

• Forum member
Pride of Rathlin
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:11:48 »

Hello chaps. I know that the developers have got a lot on their plate, and I honestly wish I could help, but I have absolutley no experiance or even know what programmes to use to create these works of art.
Anyway, I was wonderring if there was any possibility, just when you guys get some time, would it be possible to create this vessel.
It served its time recently out of Larne Port, doing the Irish sea run. It brings back a lot of memories for me as it was in service when I was about 10ish [lol] but I would love to see it running on SS2008, I can get information on its maximum speed in knots, its turning circle angle and anything else you desire.

Thnx again!
Darryl

Darryl

• Forum member
Re: Pride of Rathlin
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:12:53 »

This is also an image to shows its stern constuction

Cheers!
Darryl

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 12:41:50 »

Im sorry to say this, but that ferry was just ugly!  ;D

Darryl

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 15:17:22 »

well that is your opinion, and unfortunatly you are entitled to it, wtf is the problem with everyone on this forum, I have made 2-3 post so far and everyone just seems to be downright rude and bl***y annoying. There is negativity streaming from this bl***y forum from members and admins alike. If you post any reply to this it will not be read by me because I find this forum uselss and it is a stain on the game!!!!!!

Post Edited for Language, DJM
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 15:42:05 by [RWP]DJM »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 15:47:21 »

well that is your opinion, and unfortunatly you are entitled to it, wtf is the problem with everyone on this forum, I have made 2-3 post so far and everyone just seems to be downright rude and bl***y annoying. There is negativity streaming from this bl***y forum from members and admins alike. If you post any reply to this it will not be read by me because I find this forum uselss and it is a stain on the game!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that you feel that way, I must stress however that our members do show each other respect and courtesy.  The 'rudeness' as you call it, is not actually rudeness, it's differences of opinion.

Some of the cause of this is due to cultural misunderstanding for the most part, not disrespect from members.  We have a wonderful forum here and I don't believe it's fair to suggest everyone is rude or annoying.

I respect your opinion, but we have many active and very helpful members on these forums.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Darryl

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 18:37:24 »

perhaps, but I was not referring directly to this post, if you search back, a moderator was very abrupt with me when I made my first post.

Ship Sim

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 19:42:49 »

I think the vessel looks nice. Boats are not always made to look good they are made to do the job they were built to do. ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 19:45:22 by Ship Sim »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 20:15:47 »

perhaps, but I was not referring directly to this post, if you search back, a moderator was very abrupt with me when I made my first post.

I looked back on your posts.

I don't see the response as abrupt, I will explain why :)

I'm certain you will agree that the forum rules are here for a good reason :).  Imagine this scenario for a moment.......

You join the forum looking for advice and you see 5 posts...ALL asking the same questions.  I believe that would be a little confusing, don't you think?  So the response from the Moderator was to make people (not just you, but everyone who accesses these forums) aware of the rules and to use the Search function before posting.

The posts we make as Moderators are for the benefit of everyone using the forums, not just the person we are talking to at the time of posting :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 21:41:34 »

These ships when first built as Free Enterprise VII was never a 'beautiful' design, like the vikings, but the rebuild at Bremerhaven in 1985 did make them one of the ugliest ships ever.

But they had a certain appeal and good sea keeping qualities for the size of ship. Quick, nearly as quick as the spirit class (as in Herald of Free Enterprise).

Don't mock them for ugliness. They were work horses.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 21:43:01 »

Post Edited for Language, DJM

Word game: Make a sentence out of this. (re arrange words)

black kettle calling pot

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 22:22:31 »

No doubt that is your opinion, and of course you are entitled to it, but there is really no necessity to share with us all opinions one may happen to have.

Regards,
Michael
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 23:26:17 »

Im sorry for that, but that is what i mean about this ferry! But i agree whit Ship Sim, they are for to do the work's! It was not to make some one here angry! Sorry!  :-\

J3nsen

Gustav

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 23:55:15 »

Jensen had an opinion whats the deal. He is not gonna shew up all ss08 cds just because he thought the ferry was ugly. It is no need to overreact on this situation just calm down everybody, I know that you all want ss08 but please be a little mature.
Sincerely Gustav.

"All religions must be accepted, Because every man must come to heaven the way he see fit". Whilhelm 2 "Whilhelm Grobe"

Nescit Occasum

Darryl

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 15:42:12 »

regardless, the point I am trying to make is that as a new user to the forum, who did have intentions to get really involved, I felt cast aside and to be honest, really annoyed, I have really only came back here out of curiousity. and yes, they are an ugly ship, but their beauty lies in the work they did and their gracefulness on the sea and the structure inside.

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 15:45:24 »

I agree, Jensen was perfectly within his rights to state his opinions, after all, even the original post was effectively an opion aswell.  I too happen to think it is an ugly vessel, although it could well have a place in the game because it is the ship's themselves that are important.  

So long as she offers a handling challenge different to what we have seen before then I more than welcome it.  And if you think about it, Jensen wasn't exactly saying he didn't want it in the game either.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 20:07:39 »

Famous quote:

"I disagree, Sir, with what you say. But I will fight to the death your right to say it."

Pride of Rathlin WAS an ugly ship. It was an awful conversion, but it was still a very, very sucessful ship. I travelled on her when she was the P O Walmer out of Dover.

If you look, many ferries are hardly attractive. They are basically big, square boxes designed to do a job rather than look nice. Except the Italians, now THEY style them*

*No, I still think the P O Rotterdam looks half made and still not as nice as P O Bilbao.

Stu

Darryl

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 14:26:52 »

look, obviously the point I was trying to make has been cast to the side, I don't not say people are not allowed to have an opinion, what I did say is that they should not voice it against another.

anyway, I believe that what I have said previous may have been in the heat of the moment and I apologise for that.

moving on, if it so be allowed. My opinion on this ship is that yes, at first glance it is ugly, but then, look closer at it, it would be joy to sail and fun to master.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 14:55:51 »

"I'm sorry there is no one here to read your message at the moment. Please leave your comments afer the cursor and someone will get back to you as soon as possible"

CURSOR

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 15:26:14 »

She kind of reminds me of some sort of battleship, looking at it again.

Darryl

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 20:06:21 »

whats the CURSOR thing about?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 22:13:34 »

She kind of reminds me of some sort of battleship, looking at it again.

There were 4 done just like it. Bremerhaven yards did so well, they got the contract for the very well designed Spirit Class (including the infamous Herald - a crew problem, not a design problem) and Dover class.

If you look at what they did to the aesthetics and compare to to lovely spirits lines its incredible.

Stu

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 10:10:27 »

I do agree it's ugly, sort of, but I think it could go well in SS 2009/2010 or later...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines