Hello Guest March 19, 2024, 06:14:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building scenario and ships  (Read 6019 times)

Mugen.

• Forum member
Building scenario and ships
« on: June 13, 2007, 10:07:32 »

Hello to all of you  ;)

I've downloaded sketchup 6 and want to work seriously with it, My greatest idea is to make a harbor (Antwerpen) and the boulevard in vlissingen (Love that place). Although, google sketchup has the abbility to work together google earth and a huge 3d warehouse of models. the idea i'm thinking of is to make the port of antwerpen, with an airport in it and cross the boulevard with my (own made) ship. But my question is if its possible to add my own made area in ss08 ? The most important thing for me is that i can play in my own made area.

So will a be able to add my area/ships in ss08 ?

I know there are many topics but i can't get of it  :'(

Regards Mugen.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Building scenario and ships
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 11:19:39 »

Hello Mugen

1. Adding ships. Yes, it looks likely we can but the method of doing so hasn't been explained yet.

2. Adding ports. Not disclosed, but I get the impression no.

There is nothing to stop you making a port in 3d though. Whether you will ever be able to upload it is not known. I'm making a couple of 3d items just for the hell of it.

One piece of advice, from someone who'se just starting in 3d. Make your first models not a port, but basic objects. Cubes, spheres etc. Play with them first.

Also, would recommend binning sketch. I'm trying blender- complicated but more detailed and usable.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:10:32 »

Hello to all of you  ;)

I've downloaded sketchup 6 and want to work seriously with it, My greatest idea is to make a harbor (Antwerpen) and the boulevard in vlissingen (Love that place). Although, google sketchup has the abbility to work together google earth and a huge 3d warehouse of models. the idea i'm thinking of is to make the port of antwerpen, with an airport in it and cross the boulevard with my (own made) ship. But my question is if its possible to add my own made area in ss08 ? The most important thing for me is that i can play in my own made area.

So will a be able to add my area/ships in ss08 ?

I know there are many topics but i can't get of it  :'(

Regards Mugen.

hi mugen,im the youngest kid in the forum but i have 2 models from sketchup i made id like to share with you.they are in the following atttachments.

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 02:11:12 »

hi mugen,im the youngest kid in the forum but i have 2 models from sketchup i made id like to share with you.they are in the following atttachments.
heres my other one

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 15:42:01 »

Try this topic if you want to know about making your own ship for ss08 ;)

Shipaddict

Eelkon

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 16:12:26 »

Where can i find the program to create vessels?

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 19:37:08 »

3D max, lightwave. All expensive!

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 23:29:07 »

3D max, lightwave. All expensive!

Yes, although Gmax is free. Not sure what it's like to use though.

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 23:33:09 »

Yes, although Gmax is free. Not sure what it's like to use though.
Gmax is imposiible.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 23:34:08 »

Gmax is imposiible.

That answers that then!  :D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 23:38:40 »

I think some people use gmax quite effectively. Isn't it considered to be THE 3d programme? Personally, I use blender (thanks to tuition by Barry). It's free, but a pain to get to grips with.

But anyway, there are LOTS of topics relating to 3d if you use the search function...
Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 00:54:56 »

1. Adding ships. Yes, it looks likely we can but the method of doing so hasn't been explained yet.

Stu

Stuart, Stuart, how can you say that??  Maybe possible by 2020 (OK, I exaggerate.  PerhapS by 2015). The pessimists say (I've heard them) that it's a power trip -- Vstep wants to keep control.  The optimists (like me) say that the physics engine is such a kludge that it takes specialized programmers days to get a ship working right (look at the flying oil rigs!).  Meanwhile VS has ships functioning normally --it is (or could be) a solved problem.

But let's not raise false hopes!

Cheers,
Michael
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 22:42:21 »

Just hold on a minute and think about your post. Look at the date of my post, which you quote. Look at the date of the release of information from Vstep about their 'subscription model' service.

When I made that post, that was the best of the information that was available at the time.

Regards
Stuart

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 22:45:00 »

i made a few buildings in
gmax(unbelieaveably*)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines