Hello Guest April 16, 2024, 20:24:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Distress calls  (Read 2482 times)

Captain Kool

• Forum member
Distress calls
« on: June 12, 2007, 10:27:14 »

I thought it might be a nice idea in later versions of Ship Sim if you could send out an SOS call if your vessel is in distress.

When you send out this call a tug boat would head towards your vessel and then hook up a line, once the line is hooked up you would then be in control of the tug, you would then go to a dry dock and repair your original vessel. The tug would head off into the distance or moore near-by, the user would no longer control the tug and once your boat was repaired (sped up repair time) you would then be back on your way.

Maybe with the money you make from doing missions you could have to pay for the assistance from port, but that's getting down the economic side of things....

Anyway tell me what you think...

Season

• Forum member
Re: Distress calls
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 17:00:03 »

:o that's a very nice idea !
but what if you got over millions of damage? it'll take a while to get so much money xP

chrism

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 18:07:35 »

AWESOME
especially if it was awesome in multiplayer which was mentioned before many times, and you can call other members with tugs to go out and get ya

Ship Sim

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 21:22:30 »

Sounds like a good ieda. ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:18:20 »

But there are missions to be master of large vessels AND missions in charge of a tug.

There are missions were you are in charge of several ships.

Not sure what point you are making? Are you after dry docks or some way to 'spend' some of your earnings repairing your ship?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:45:39 »

The idea about multiplayer is absolutly awesome! great idea!

Stu:
Yes, if your ship's in damage, you get towed to a dry docks and spend your some of your earnings (maybe, or just free/low price/points, taking in account of Nub cakes comment) and voila your ships as good as new!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:48:09 by Captain Kool »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 01:50:35 »

OK. A way of losing points already earned. Yes, that's a good idea. That would sort the 'honest' gamers from those that just quit and try again to get the best score!

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 02:29:31 »

Though if you were 3/4 the way though a mission it would most probably be worth it to you to be honest and pay for your repairs instead of re-loading.

Also it could be an alright idea when you send an SOS call port ask you for should it be prioritised (if hull has been breached and water's coming in fast) or if the call is a stand-by (possibility of hull being breached soon) that way if you're nearly finnished the mission and you're ship's gaining water fast you can get immediate assistance.

(Realisticly you would have to pay for port assistance so, it might cost you more points for priority)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 11:14:56 »

Interesting idea Capt K.

But I fear that is going down the road of a coastguard simulator than a ship 'driving' simulator.

I still think when the computer decides you've sunk a simple animation showing a sinking, or a tow to port or whatever would be the best.

Unless it will seriously add to the appeal of the game (and therefore increase the volume sold) I doubt the developers would be likely to add something so complicated. But what do I know. Good idea anyway.

Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines