Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 12:37:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QM2 modeled for ports of call.  (Read 4590 times)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
QM2 modeled for ports of call.
« on: June 09, 2007, 19:26:31 »

I just noticed that QM2 has been modeled for ports of call and it looks pretty well done. If it's possible for Ports of call it might be possible to have QM2 in shipsim one day...

http://www.portsofcall.de/sim3dii/sim3dii.html

Captain Davies

• Forum member
Re: QM2 modeled for ports of call.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 19:56:31 »

Absoluetly, that is, unless the Ports of Call game (which I doubt is very high profile) went ahead and put the QM2 in without counsulting Cunnard, hoping no one would find out.

Is that game free or do you have to use card details to be able to download it?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 13:59:56 by Captain Davies »

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 20:03:31 »

I don't think it's free.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 20:15:58 »

Image: Ports of Call website

Good luck to the developer the day Cunard find out about the ship in the game (if he don’t have permission). 8)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 21:57:02 »

Does Cunard own the design right of the ship as well as the name/livery?

IE if one made a model of a boeing 747 or airbus 380 in fictitious livery, who would complain? I know that ships are built in ones or twos, planes in hundreds but does Cunard own the blueprint of the design as well?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 22:23:44 »

Oh, Luc. You make me laugh, you really do :)

You are always checking your grammer whilst writing- in a language other than your first.

Yet your messages are probably amongst the best- grammatically speaking.

Bashing is a good phrase. Colloquial (sp), but appropriate.

I've said before I can write speak french, but not write it. As for Flemish, would love to learn :)

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 22:58:40 »

Why the doubts of the height of the profile? Many of us knew Ports of Call more than 20 years ago. And the version just published is very good!
And why do you say he didnt consult Cunard? Do you know anything about Dr RD Klein?
Finally, why do you care about a low profile game you are bashing? (I am still not sure how rightly this verb describes the situation, I dont intend to upset anybody)
Regards
Luc

I'm just saying that perhaps in the wider world PoC is a game that has not been heard of by people in the shipping industry.  I was wondering if maybe the developers had put the ship in without asking permission and hoped that Cunnard (or whoever the hell owns the design, I really don't care) didn't find out.  I only wonder this as it seems that Vstep is hitting brick walls when it comes to getting this ship in game and I rightly assumed that all other developers would as well. 

I never bashed the game, and I never claimed my suggestion to be anything but that.  Certainly not God's given law, I didn't use any words that suggested my post was hard fact.  In case this had anything to do with your misguided reply; I asked if the game was free out of simple wondering, because it didn't look to me like a site that involved credit card transactions and such. 

So I ask, that in future, you lose the arrogance and consider what people actually said before posting such a degrading reply.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 00:25:27 »

So I ask, that in future, you lose the arrogance and consider what people actually said before posting such a degrading reply.

If I could just interrupt here.  This conversation is getting a little 'heated'.

Firstly, please treat other members with the respect and courtesy you expect for yourself.
Secondly, please remember that not everyone speaks your 'native' language and some words get 'lost in translation'.

Maybe in future, you could ask for someone to elaborate on a statement before replying, that at least gives them chance to explain why they said what they said.

Thanks and regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 08:39:21 »

If I could just interrupt here.  This conversation is getting a little 'heated'.

Firstly, please treat other members with the respect and courtesy you expect for yourself.
Secondly, please remember that not everyone speaks your 'native' language and some words get 'lost in translation'.

Maybe in future, you could ask for someone to elaborate on a statement before replying, that at least gives them chance to explain why they said what they said.

Thanks and regards.

DJM.

Yes i really agree. I don't want arguments in myposts to be honest. :'(

DJM: Thanks for  stopping it getting more "heated"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 09:06:02 by Shipaddict »

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 13:55:49 »

And why do you say he didnt consult Cunard? Do you know anything about Dr RD Klein?

This is the sentence I find arrogant.  To me it suggests that (as far as you are concerned) I am not allowed to have an opinion/theory on something because I am not a personal aquaintance of the man.

Finally, why do you care about a low profile game you are bashing?

I feel that this sentence accuses me of something I didn't do and therefore degrades me in front of the other forum users, which as I'm sure you can understand is not something I appreciate.

That said, upon looking at my original post I realise that there are a few words that I missed out, that may have caused confusion (I will change that now so my origional meaning is shown).  I still feel however, that even in confusion there was no cause for you to make the accusations that you did. 

I am willing to accept that we both took our replies a little too far without properly considering what the other actually said.  I hope that we can put this behind us and continue this thread with its with its original purpose in mind. 

My use of the word 'absoluetly' was one of agreement with Shipaddict.

PS:  The word 'bashing' does not bother me, simply what it implies in this case.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 14:01:39 by Captain Davies »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 16:28:53 »

Can I offer another suggestion here :)

How about we put this down to experience and move on, I believe that would be best, wouldn't you agree?

DJM: Thanks for  stopping it getting more "heated"

No problem at all, I'm certain we would all like to keep our wonderful forums as friendly as possible ;D

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 00:13:19 »

And we thought the Cuban missile Crisis was bad ... ;)

Now! Shake hands.

Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines