Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 21:42:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licence key  (Read 4326 times)

acis

• Forum member
Licence key
« on: December 25, 2007, 11:30:15 »

I have been given Ship Simulator 2006 for Christmas, purchased via Amazon in October. I cannot find anywhere the licence key so am unable to do anything - where is it?
Also the box seems to have space for two CDs but I have only one. Should I have two? (The box was not shrink-wrapped when I received it.)
I also have Ship Simulator add-on. This has what I assume to be the licence keyon a tab inside the box, but it doesn't work - I get an error signal.
In fact it is all a complete disaster. Should I apply to Amazon for my money back?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Licence key
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:51:16 »

Hiya acis and welcome to the forum :)

That sounds very strange.  The licence key should be attached to the case, on a little white sticker behind the manual, but......the case should only have space for one disc (like a normal 1-disc DVD case).

Check the disc, see if it looks genuine (feeling the disc can reveal if it is too) :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

2mas16

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 09:45:49 »

hi good day every one..i also got a 2006 ship sim...i also have the same problem i don't know what is the license key on this cd..what am i supposed to do inorder to have a license key?  ??? help!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:57:37 »

Hi 2mas16

Well DJM allready answered that:

The licence key should be attached to the case, on a little white sticker behind the manual

Where have you purchased your copy, might I ask?

Regards,
Fred

2mas16

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 01:42:46 »

hi fred, i  really don't were my friend got this cd, he just gave it to me, but sad to say he already passed away... :( is there any website to which i can generate or find any cd license key?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 02:23:07 »

Hello 2mas16,

I am sorry to hear about your friend.  :(

i  really don't were my friend got this cd, he just gave it to me

So you do have a legit copy? A proper CD in a proper case? And there is no sticker on it with the key?

Well the thing is, without proof of purchase, there is really nothing that can be done. Plain and simple. But maybe something can be arranged if you can proof you own a legit version of the game.

Using an illegal or generating CD key, however, is not permitted!!

Regards,
Fred

2mas16

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 00:49:28 »

hi fred

thanks..ic i only have the cd and the cd case but no license key on it, to bad i can't play this one..anyway thanks a lot fred for your help.

2mas16
regards

Kaj1

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 14:14:51 »

Send an email to info@shipsim.com with a photo of the original box & CD.

If you can find it, the proof of purchase as well. Explain what happened in the email.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 14:16:49 by Kaj1 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines