Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 07:19:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The M/S Queen Victoria  (Read 10790 times)

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
Re: The M/S Queen Victoria
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 23:22:49 »

Thanks.
-Dave

Moderator, Ship Simulator Official Forums
Founder, The Ship Simulator New Vessel Design Group
Designer - Print, Branding, Fashion, Identity Systems

The New Vessel Design Group - Bringing gamers ideas to Ship Simulator

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 23:24:35 »

No problem, anytime :D
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 08:43:37 »

Thoughts anyone else? I think we have an awesome conversation going here, now someone join the 3 of us. :D :D
-Dave

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 10:39:45 »

I actually hope that Cunard learns a hard lesson from the 'Victoria. I am sure if they were not run by Carnival, what we are seeing would not be happening.

Yes but without Carnival Cunard would probably of just died away. If i'm right Cunard wasn't doing very well when Carnival took over. Also, QV isn't finished yet. So let's not jump to conclusions to soon...
Regards
SA ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 21:53:58 »

Yes but without Carnival Cunard would probably of just died away. If i'm right Cunard wasn't doing very well when Carnival took over. Also, QV isn't finished yet. So let's not jump to conclusions to soon...
Regards
SA ;)

When carnival took over P&O cruises (the people who invented cruising) P&O profit helped Carnival who, whilst big and powerful, I'm told were having a bit of a flat time.

In this day and age all industries are populated by companies who are dominant in the industry are seeing their profit margins held purely by acquisition of others.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 09:37:34 »

When carnival took over P&O cruises (the people who invented cruising) P&O profit helped Carnival who, whilst big and powerful, I'm told were having a bit of a flat time.

In this day and age all industries are populated by companies who are dominant in the industry are seeing their profit margins held purely by acquisition of others.

Stu

What both of you have to say is quite valid and it is the nature of business that had lead to what we have seen happen amongst these companies. It is sad, though, however, that Carnival does not try to remarket and enhance a company with tradition, style, and a prestigeous history (albiet for a couple decades, yes, they were dying fast). To each their own, I suppose.

It is true that Cunard may spin this design even further to make her more unique, however, looking at the stage she is in in the construction process, I see her being nothing more than a modified Oosterdam. Again, time will tell.
-Dave

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines