Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 07:27:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbours  (Read 2950 times)

Darryl

• Forum member
Harbours
« on: June 07, 2007, 23:03:55 »

Hello, my name is Darryl and I am a keen fan of both aviation and maritime traffic, anyway, I was wonderring if perhaps it might be taken under considderation to:
1* make the harbours more realistic, for example have it so that on the ferries, cars can load and unload, also lorries.
2*have perhaps not a harbour control like in flight sim as it is not exactly needed, but perhaps a seperate programme for a multiplayer section where a person can actually control the harbour on multiplayer, because lets face it, If a multiplayer version is released, people will have favourite spots to sail about in, and in particularly busy servers, managing a harbour could be a busy and very fun challenge particularly if the port to port sailings would earn money.
3*Port to Port sailings would earn money depending on how much cargo there is on board.

obviously some of these things will probably never happen, but they are what can make this more like reality.

btw, loved the bridge sound pack from portsmouth in v1.8 for 2006!

Cheers!
Darryl

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
Re: Harbours
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 03:03:57 »

I cannot stress enough USE the SEARCH TOOL. This topic and your requests have been posted numerous times in a couple of major threads that are quite popular around here.

Again, PLEASE research your topic before posting the same topic again.

However, welcome to the forum.
-Dave

Moderator, Ship Simulator Official Forums
Founder, The Ship Simulator New Vessel Design Group
Designer - Print, Branding, Fashion, Identity Systems

The New Vessel Design Group - Bringing gamers ideas to Ship Simulator

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 22:50:40 »

btw, loved the bridge sound pack from portsmouth in v1.8 for 2006!

Do what??? What Portsmouth?

Oh, welcome.

Stuart
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 23:22:24 »

Hi Darryl,

well, the ship simulator is not an economy simulation game, but an advanced ship simulations. That´s why there is no money to earn with and the quay handling facilities are quite poor, except the upcoming container crane. Looking for a game to manoeuvre vessels as realistic as possible, and you are right here. Otherwise choose Ports of Call...

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 10:03:35 by Bottman »
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines