Hello Guest June 28, 2024, 07:13:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Refueling Ships???  (Read 9260 times)

CarlisleII

• Forum member
Refueling Ships???
« on: November 28, 2007, 02:55:07 »

I like running the Red Jet 4 but the fuel gauge drops like crazy and was wondering if there was a way to refuel while still playing?

Thanks

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: Refueling Ships???
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 07:17:13 »

Nope! And as far as I know it will be not in the near future.. :-\

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Saphire

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:27:44 »

The fuel level drops on all ships? :o

Teamspeak member!

CarlisleII

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:28:27 »

will the vessel actually run out of fuel?

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:40:17 »

I've never noticed fuel levels drop. Are you sure you're looking at the right one??
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 09:38:49 »

I am sure that Red Funnel only bunker their fast ferries once every 24hrs or so....otherwise they would not be very econmoically to operate... ;)

Pilot of the Sea

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 15:17:45 »

I never knew that the fuel levels drop. It would be nice though, to be able to run out of fuel, get towed to a fueling point, and refuel again.  8) :)
Pilot of the Sea :)

www.getfirefox.com

travel96

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 15:23:29 »

It wod be amazing
the game is the best so is the forum just registar.I can do lots of things,just registar

Jackal

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 15:25:59 »

I've never noticed fuel levels drop. Are you sure you're looking at the right one??

Yep, fuel definetly drops; at least I saw it dropping with the tanker Latitude too, although it takes some hours. AFAIK the fuel level is somehow simulated, but once you run out of fuel, nothing happens and you can go on as before.
Ciao,

Corrado

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 17:58:36 »

Yep, fuel definetly drops; at least I saw it dropping with the tanker Latitude too, although it takes some hours. AFAIK the fuel level is somehow simulated, but once you run out of fuel, nothing happens and you can go on as before.
Ciao,

Corrado

Ohh right!! This could be a clue then!  ;D IF VSTEP took the time to model when fuel runs out, then I would have thought it would be for a reason. I think we will see very promising features for SS08 over the coming months  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 20:00:22 »

Hello,
Yes, some hours must be something like  :D 2500 hours and 7500 m³ HFO for a VLCC like Latitude.
Regards,
Luc
Edit:
Main characteristics of a VLCC
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 18:43:32 by LucAtC »

Jackal

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 20:24:18 »

Hello,
Yes, some hours must be something like  :D 2500 hours and 7500 m³ HFO for a VLCC like Latitude.

It SHOULD be like that,  ;) but actually it takes less than 12 hours for sure. I was testing a mission I'm creating and after 6 or 8 hours, the fuel gauge almost dropped to 0.
Ciao,

Corrado

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 00:31:04 »

Get it in the game... :D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 13:27:18 »

It SHOULD be like that,  ;) but actually it takes less than 12 hours for sure. I was testing a mission I'm creating and after 6 or 8 hours, the fuel gauge almost dropped to 0.
Ciao,

Corrado

I doubt a large crude carrier needs refuelling every 12 hours... thats worse than my car!
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 10:47:45 »

Well we regular run SUEZMAX tankers from the UKC to the middle east and beyound.   We take bunkers (fuel) before leaving the area somewhere in the region of 2500mts of fuel.   this is about 2631580 ltrs of fuel and should last for about 30 days of steaming!

;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 13:49:11 »

Well we regular run SUEZMAX tankers from the UKC to the middle east and beyound.   We take bunkers (fuel) before leaving the area somewhere in the region of 2500mts of fuel.   this is about 2631580 ltrs of fuel and should last for about 30 days of steaming!

;D

3600 litres per hour? Good grief, its lucky that uncle gordon doesn't tax heavy fuel in the same way as a car!
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 13:56:27 »

3600 litres per hour? Good grief, its lucky that uncle gordon doesn't tax heavy fuel in the same way as a car!

give him a chance..he taxes everything else..... ???

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 13:58:16 »

give him a chance..he taxes everything else..... ???

I wonder if he will ever do a Carpet Tax (Tacks) :P :D
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 13:59:19 »

I wonder if he will ever do a Carpet Tax (Tacks) :P :D

dont know..BUT he should tax Marmite!  ;D   I think we should start a petition !

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 14:57:16 »

dont know..BUT he should tax Marmite!  ;D   I think we should start a petition !

Ohh no not again  :D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 16:04:07 »

Do NOT give Stalin ideas...

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 09:51:12 »

I like running the Red Jet 4 but the fuel gauge drops like crazy and was wondering if there was a way to refuel while still playing?

Thanks

Hey, speaking of fuel gauges i just wanted to point out a little thing.

If you look at the fuel gauge ( any ) there is absolutely nothing inside to indicate the ships current fuel level.Like a red line or something to indicate the ships fuel level.So how would you know how much fuel you have left? ??? 

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 12:57:43 »

Once ships have fuel. If they don't? I never noticed it. But we could have a barge like the one that filled up my cruise ship. Along with a pilot boat. And you could either call one using VHF or go to one. There can also be on shore fueling stations. If your in the middle of the ocean. (Though you should have a ship capable of going across an ocean with 1 tank of fuel) you could find your way to a oil rig that has some extra gas on board?

I think that it is fun. If fuel was simulated like the rest of the game in real time you would have to play for a few weeks on a large ship to be able to fuel it. I just don't know how this would do in a simulator since you don't want to always run out of gas but you want it to be possible. For smaller sea going vessels it would be nice to have to go into port but some larger ships would be unrealistic.

chase 123

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 23:02:13 »

where are the fuel meters located?

Fox Luna

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 23:46:32 »

As i have proposed before , we need a bunkering vessel

This Vessel , Fox Sunrise is one of swedens most modern bunker vessel

http://www.maritimbild.com/Tanktummar/FOX_SUNRISE.jpg
http://www.stenametall.com/NR/rdonlyres/C3F7714F-E350-48D8-8FAD-98FD5643D7D1/0/Foxlyfterslang.jpg

http://www.jtashipphoto.dk/jtashipphoto.dk%201/Fox%20Sunrise.jpg

cheers

BTW , the vessel in my avatar is also a bunkervessel , MT Triton, :)
Fox Luna

MPSS     Multiplayer Ship Simmers Clan

Register NOW -------> www.mpssclan.co.uk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines