Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 14:05:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Required! recovery of licence key and and blank screen when loading SS08  (Read 3577 times)

dharl

• Forum member

Hi all,
just a small question which i hope can be solved easily  ::)

1) I have lost my ss08 licence key!  :-[ I have seen Wout post on this subject but i cant access the links as i havn't registered my key! ( I lost the box for my game when moving house after loading on to my computer first!)

2) The second question is that (just today) i try to load up the game, after the vstep loading screen, it then goes blank and nothing happens!   I am running the game as a window on my desk top rather then full screen.    SS06 still runs ok though....

Hopefully someone can give me a pointer in the right direction....

krgds

Dharl   

Happy sailing

Stuart2007

• Forum member

A pointer.... Look MUCH harder for the box and instructions?

Have a look in the FAQ section there is a tool you can download which will search your hard drive for the licence key. It works too.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

dharl

• Forum member

Hi Stu,

its ok, found it under a jar of MARMITE  ;D

Its only been missing for 2months so happy days!

Just need to find a solution to q2..of course i can now access the ss2008 boards..

Stuart2007

• Forum member

I'm glad to know Marmite has more uses than just as a food!

Yes, best bet is to enter your Q on the tech support forum and 'you know who' will undoubtedly know what to do.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

dharl

• Forum member

:o

Who do you mean Stu....  ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member

Mr DJM. He's a whizz in sorting these computery electrickery things out.

Stu

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member

LOL, I wouldn't go THAT far.  I try to help, but I'm no whizz ;D
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member

OK Dharl. I take it back...

Stu

Alan Myatt

• Forum member

Like the banter but don't see any explanation to cure the blank screen problem. :(

If it is a licence key fault how can one re-enter it when the system locks up at the blank screen point, the only way to get out is to reset the computer.

Alan

TerryRussell

Like the banter but don't see any explanation to cure the blank screen problem. :(

If it is a licence key fault how can one re-enter it when the system locks up at the blank screen point, the only way to get out is to reset the computer.

Alan

Hi Alan.

You need to register your profile on this forum before we can give you any technical support. When you've done that, just start a new thread there and I'll run through it with you.

See you soon!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines