Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 17:08:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADDON SHIPs  (Read 9182 times)

markuk

• Forum member
ADDON SHIPs
« on: October 28, 2007, 16:57:06 »

Can some one tell me Why People are designing all these ships when here in the forum you say that you cant add ships to the game.
am i missing something
Thanks
Mark

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
Re: ADDON SHIPs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 17:10:21 »

Hi Mark :)

You can't add vessels to the game yourself - only VSTEP can do that.

VSTEP may pick some of the best designs in here and bring them into the game. Some of the designs are already in the game as static objects.

Regards
groennegaard

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:48:49 »

Can some one tell me Why People are designing all these ships when here in the forum you say that you cant add ships to the game.
am i missing something
Thanks
Mark

Because some of us believe that this can be a useful contribution to the game now and in the next versions of Ship Simulator. Some of us like to get some feedback too to hear what other people thinks about the stuff we create. :)

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:52:19 »

am i missing something
Thanks
Mark

The best design have good chance to be add into the SS, this kind of cooperation is just increasing the quality of the game that is what we all wish.

Hope you have chance to start with your contribuction too.

Cheers
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 12:31:08 »

as i get it right there is a sort of a challenge in here, the best models will win the price: their ships will be putted into the game by vstep ;D

Brynjaminjones

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 18:21:57 »

Why can't we add the ships in ourselves? Surely there's a way. In my ship sim 2006 instruction book, it said you can download new ships.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 18:26:23 »

Hi Brynjaminjones, and welcome to the forum.

We can't because VSTEP doesn't want us to.  ;D
That's the simple answer, anyway. to ensure the quality of the addons, VSTEP only works on their own ships, or works together with 'normal users' that make addons that are good enough to have a chance of being added.

Regards,
Fred

Brynjaminjones

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 18:32:57 »

Thanks Fred. I just wish we could download ships like we can with planes for Flight Simulator.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 20:03:58 »

No problem!  :)

Yes, that has always been a nice feature with MSFS indeed.. but in reality, almost all the downloadable planes for FS have a rubbish flight model. They have totally inaccurate and unrealistic dynamics and basically only fly around to look good. (cause they usually DO look good)

I must have had around 2000 addons in total for MSFS, but in the end, I only use about 30 of them, that I consider to be really good and realistic in behaviour. I do not buy payware though. They are usually way better. But we were talking free downloads here, I guess... right?   :)

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 21:52:07 »

I made the contest, and didn't say that the best model will get into the game, just a fun contest.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:00:27 »

Thanks Fred. I just wish we could download ships like we can with planes for Flight Simulator.
or trains with msts like the Silver Streak ;)

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 08:16:55 »

Greetings,
It's not a point of the best creation,believe me.
There is a lot more involved.Some of the creations are realy good,however the original shipping company's,dont give permission to use it in the game.Look at the maerskvessel,the standards are very high,and can be used easy in the game,maersk however gave no permission to use it.(copyrights)
The only advice i can give to modellers,is first get in contact with the shippingcompany's,tell what you want to do,and if they give you green light then start to make the model that you want.
Other models are in skets-up program,well that not realy a good standard program,it's realy a good program to learn.
The program which is very good is 3-Dmax,when you can work with that program,and if you have permission.You make a change.
It would be good of having some kind of shipsbank,were vessel can waith to go in the game as payware add-ons.
The other story is,you created a vessel,and it look very nice,than we need to get the dynamics right,so you need to find out how fast it goes,in all different speeds,turningcircles,going in reverse..........aso.....?
So than it can be converted by Vstep.
You can see that the story goes a bit further than just creating vessels,there is more involved.
I have to repeat,i've seen very nice models from all the volunteers untill now.
Regards
Marc
N

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 23:08:16 »

is it comming a newer patch then 1.3 or new ships to sale on shops or to download?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 23:30:18 »

You mean you have not noticed any of the talk about the addon that is about to be released?

That's just about impossbile.  ;D

Yes, there is a new patch coming and yes there are some new ships and also a new environment about to be released, for purchase. (the patch will be free, the new content, thus the addon, will not)

Regards,
Fred

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 17:32:42 »

You mean you have not noticed any of the talk about the addon that is about to be released?

That's just about impossbile.  ;D

Yes, there is a new patch coming and yes there are some new ships and also a new environment about to be released, for purchase. (the patch will be free, the new content, thus the addon, will not)

Regards,
Fred
;D :) now im happy.

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 15:21:14 »

Is the subscription system (for new content, ships etc) that VStep had announced several months ago still planned to go ahead?

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 16:34:24 »

Is the subscription system (for new content, ships etc) that VStep had announced several months ago still planned to go ahead?

I think it depends on the result of the recent survey:
http://www.shipsim.com/survey/english.html

If the project's economy is sustainable, I'm sure that they will go ahead with the plans.

Regards
groennegaard

Airrace

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 20:35:36 »

Some of the creations are realy good,however the original shipping company's,dont give permission to use it in the game.Look at the maerskvessel,the standards are very high,and can be used easy in the game,maersk however gave no permission to use it.(copyrights)
The only advice i can give to modellers,is first get in contact with the shippingcompany's,tell what you want to do,and if they give you green light then start to make the model that you want.

It would be good of having some kind of shipsbank,were vessel can waith to go in the game as payware add-ons.
You can see that the story goes a bit further than just creating vessels,there is more involved.

do you reckon they would ever make an add-on with the old and new school luxury liners like: mauretania, lusitania, queen mary, QE2, queen mary 2, and the "of the sea" style classes, like they did with the titanic? i'd love to get hold of it if they do

Mark

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 22:57:02 »

Welcome to the Forum Airrace, :)

I don't see this happening in the near future but that's the thing, we never really know. ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 23:26:47 »

The #1 reason I model stuff. Is because I'm bored.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 11:47:17 »

VSTEP won't let people add things into the game while they can control what goes in and 'force' people to pay if they want something new in it. It's business.

I support more people designing things.

Often their creations aren't just for ship sim, it's for Virtual ******, and sometimes professional simulators.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines