Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 20:29:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: handling the waterjets in red jet 4  (Read 2228 times)

ACR

• Forum member
handling the waterjets in red jet 4
« on: October 27, 2007, 16:18:14 »

hi! since the ss08 update i simply cannot steer the red jet. i think i basicly know how to steer with waterjets but it is for me simply impossible to control the rudder direction without uncontrolled power changes.

using the mouse every time you change power you also change rudder angle and changing rudder angle always changes the power setting. so especially manouvering becomes a nightmare.

can anybody help? do i miss something in control assigtnement. checking "presiosion steering" in the controls menu does not help for me.

thanks for any help!

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: handling the waterjets in red jet 4
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 16:30:55 »

I agree ACR,

it's pretty tricky to use the mouse to control the joysticks. Therfor I usually prefer to steer it with the keyboard, each jet with to neighbour keys plus one for amidship each. Well, the joystick use would be more realistic but in real the two sticks have different functions. They are not each for one waterjet...

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 16:35:03 by Bottman »
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

ACR

• Forum member
Re: handling the waterjets in red jet 4
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 16:43:09 »

thanks much for the quick reply. so there is no real soulution to get the red jet more contorlable.? how can i assign the joystick. its especially at waterjets very important to get precise control of each waterjet (for manouver)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines