Hello Guest April 16, 2024, 18:29:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have learned from Denis that Mad_Fred has died  (Read 1459 times)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
I have learned from Denis that Mad_Fred has died
« on: October 06, 2021, 21:08:50 »

Denis one of the other moderators has told me that our very good friend Fred died only yesterday. I was aware that he had been unwell for some time but not that he was so ill. We have no further details as yet, but i personally will miss Fred very much. I corresponded with him frequently and found him to be a very good friend.
Sad news indeed, so many of the old stalwarts from the Forum have now gone. How very sad indeed.

Kind regards,
Angus
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Re: I have learned from Denis that Mad_Fred has died
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 22:47:32 »

Denis one of the other moderators has told me that our very good friend Fred died only yesterday. I was aware that he had been unwell for some time but not that he was so ill. We have no further details as yet, but i personally will miss Fred very much. I corresponded with him frequently and found him to be a very good friend.
Sad news indeed, so many of the old stalwarts from the Forum have now gone. How very sad indeed.

Kind regards,
Angus

This is very sad news indeed. I had huge respect for him and he helped me through forum etiquette and was a great admin and but also a great member of the community
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
Re: I have learned from Denis that Mad_Fred has died
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 08:56:22 »

It's still quite hard to grasp. Fred was a massive pillar of this forum. I think it's safe to say that everyone knew him very well, even if you only saw or talked to him on the boards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines