Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 11:52:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An error has occurred the server could not be found  (Read 2820 times)

Boardwriter

• Forum member
An error has occurred the server could not be found
« on: March 31, 2018, 13:12:54 »

I have been dogged by the problem "An error has occurred the server could not be found". I can't go to another part of the world map when ending my present position. My internet connection is 100%, the Client Port is 6098 I also have tried 6010 but to no avail. Has anyone had this problem and survived?

pieter64

• Forum member
Re: An error has occurred the server could not be found
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 16:37:06 »

Do you mean you reach the end of the map in single player? or multiplayer?
I don't quite understand, you mention ports(as in network ports) if you are in single player then you dont need internet connection (free roam, missions) in multiplayer the world will not end you just end up going off the map( your depth indication wont tell you the depth nomore)
are you on a LAN connection with friends?
If you want to test the server connection let me know.

Boardwriter

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 20:13:21 »

I don't play multiplayer.
The client port is set at 6090 I use wireless broadband.
Before when I went to the end of the chart I would have the option to jump to another location that I have finished.
I noticed that I don't have the online icon (for want of a better word) on the top right corner, when I did have this I was able to jump
 to any port that was the colour yellow on the earth globe.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 22:59:30 »

Hi Boardwriter,
Which game are you talking about, SS2008 or SSE? Certainly NOT SS2006. If it is SSE that is where your problem is then have you tried this:- http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,31315.msg404525.html#msg404525

Regards,
Angus
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Boardwriter

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 10:41:50 »

It's the SS2008. I was able to travel to another location when I got to the end of the chart. I still get the warning that I am arriving at the end of the chart and then the prompt that I can choose another location on the globe as these are locations I have been to. I have switched off my firewall even though I have set it to allow all of SS2008 access.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines