Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 18:37:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License key for Elbe  (Read 17748 times)

K Jack

• Forum member
License key for Elbe
« on: August 07, 2016, 16:46:11 »

Hi guys, i'm just wondering if there's any way i could get back the key for Elbe. I did purchase the vessel a long time ago, probably in 2010/2011. I'm not seeing the key under my account on shipsim.com, though i'm seeing one for Furie. Is there any way i could get back the license key for Elbe or do i have to re-purchase the vessel to get back the key? Thanks in advance.
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: License key for Elbe
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 19:28:37 »

Hi K Jack,
Nice to hear from you after so long. Did you buy "Elbe" as a download direct from Vstep? If so you should be able to find the licence key by accessing your Vstep account. Failing that I regret there is no way to solve your problem, unless an Administrator sees your post and could offer help. As you have possibly guessed, there is not a lot of action on the Forum here nowadays. :( re reading your post it would appear that you have already checked your account. I'm sorry I did not at first realise this.

Regards,
Angus
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 19:30:31 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 15:17:57 »

Hi Traddles, yes i did checked my account already. I might assume that the changes to the shipsim site especially during the launch of SS Extremes might of cause the license key for Elbe to disappear, after all i did purchase the vessel many years ago. I do really hope to hear from another moderator/adminstrator on how to address this problem because i don't have the money right now to re-purchase the vessel. I did write it out on paper somewhere but i might assumed that i throw it away accidently. Yes i also realised things haven't too active on this forum for sometime after the launch of SSE. I'm hardly playing the game these months because of a bit ill health, hence why i'm not online as often as how it was when VSTEP was still sending updates for the game.

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 16:37:29 »

Hi Traddles, good news, i found the key for Elbe written on a paper that i mentioned in the last post ;D Its great to know that i didn't throw it away. Anyhow, i saved the key to my system so i could care less if the paper is thrown away. BTW and i'm hoping to find the addon pack for Elbe's bow thruster, any idea where i would get it? Thanks again.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 17:27:20 »

Hi K Jack,
Go to the Ship Simulator website and download the FREE "Elbe" super pack, it includes the new bow thruster.
Here I am again! I'm sorry to say the "Elbe" super pack is NOT on the website now. ??? :o If you can let me have your  EMail address in a PM I will send it to you. It is too big to add to a post here.
Angus.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 18:57:39 by Traddles »

Eustache le Moff

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 18:39:49 »

Hi Angus,

I just checked the Ship Simulator website for the free Elbe Superpack. I searched for it under the SS2008 "The Shipyard" tag but I couldn't discover it neither there nor on the SS2008 main page.
Did I search in the wrong place.

Best wishes

Volker

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 18:48:01 »

Oops,
I am sorry about that. I have also just checked and found the absence of the "Elbe" super pack. Unfortunately it is too large to post on the forum but I will send it by Email for you and also for K Jack if I can find an Email address for him.

Kind regards,

Angus.

TwinWintons

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 19:26:05 »

Hello,

I just fired up my SS08 again and decided to buy the Elbe pack. Is it possible to get that update pack as well?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 09:53:52 »

Hi TwinWintons,
If you send me your Email address in a PM (NOT as an open post) It will send you the "Elbe" super pack.

Angus.

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 14:37:19 »

Hi traddles, thanks again for sending the super pack for Elbe including her bow thruster. I installed it and it works perfectly. :2thumbs:

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 16:44:41 »

Hi K Jack,
I'm very pleased that all goes well with your "Elbe" super pack. It is many years now since I was in Trinidad. I was with the Harrison Line of Liverpool and we regularly used to call at Port of Spain and other places on the island. Loading pitch from the pitch lake was a regular stop. In those days it was in open topped wooden barrels which we had to stow standing upright so the pitch did not slowly ooze out. :doh: That possibly gives a clue as to how long ago it was!

Angus.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 07:32:52 »

Although the issue is already resolved, I just wanted to mention that even though Vstep no longer develops ShipSim or supports any technical issues, they should still be able to look up any missing license keys. Most likely reason of keys to disappear is due to (unintentional) duplicate accounts. In pretty much all cases, providing some contact info such as the billing address or simply your full name can pull out the license keys out of the database.  :)

Now you've found your key I'd also recommend registering it to your forum profile. This way you can always find it back.  ;)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 09:51:21 »

I also thought I had lost Elbe and Furie, fortunately I found the download-links here:  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines