Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 10:04:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: liquid gas from hamburg to rotterdam  (Read 6238 times)

william webb

• Forum member
liquid gas from hamburg to rotterdam
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:40:47 »

A slight problem docking this ship in port.
I says to tie up for and aft and then spring lines but I have tried all kinds of sequences but I can not get them right for and aft seem to be okay but not the spring lines is there a certain order to do this.

Thank you

William Webb

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: liquid gas from hamburg to rotterdam
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 23:32:18 »

Hi Bill,
I cannot remember there being any particular sequence to the order of mooring ropes being made fast. I am in process of re-playing the mission to check this and will let you know what I find. I am not able to run the mission completely in one go due to other family commitments.

Regards,
Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 00:39:38 »

Hi again Bill,
Very strange. Now I find the same problem as you. The mission fails to complete after mooring "Ocean Prince". This problem did arise when the mission was being tested, but Jan (Rooster 24) made some adjustments and all was well. For some reason, which I do not understand, it appears that the problem has re-appeared. ??? :o
I will see if I can find a solution.
Angus.

william webb

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:55:18 »

I was beginning to think it was me, but after trying it several times but then I convinced my self no there is only 3 points to  to tie up the ship not 4.
At least I know I finished the mission, if some thing comes up fine if not, not to worry.
Thanks for your replies.

Bill   

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 20:49:03 »

Hi Bill,
A final chance at success!!! If you download the zipped version of the mission which I attach below & then unzip it into your "Missions" folder after first deleting the version you have, I feel sure you will have success. A message comes up after mooring all four lines, in any order, saying the pilot is happy you are moored and then the mission ends correctly. :thumbs:

Angus.

william webb

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 13:04:48 »

Thanks I will give it a try
Bill

william webb

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 12:16:35 »

As usual I am having a problem unzipping that file about the liquid gas, I deleted the original file and it is gone but now I have a problem finding the right place to put it in, you said the missions section of SSE correct?.

Thanks

Bill 

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 17:55:06 »

Bill,
You should unzip the mission into "ShipSimExtremes Userdata/Missions". The contents of this folder I show below for you. You can see the path to it on the top of the picture.

Angus

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 18:57:00 »

You have quite a lot of saved missions on your hard-drive Angus.. :)
I try to be economical about it, and delete missions I have played, but you have an impressive library of them..
They must amount to a large amount of Mb..   ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 19:09:55 by saltydog »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 20:27:20 »

Hello Salty,
My missions folder is 1.05Mb. Not too much really. I like to keep ALL missions if I can, so that if any players question about a particular one, I can quickly get to it and replay to see if I can help. :thumbs:
I have a pretty big hard disc, 500GB, so it is no problem. ;D

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 20:30:37 by Traddles »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 20:30:35 »

Yes, I guess it comes with the territory of being a moderator to be able to access missions fast.. ;)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 20:35:24 »

I do get pleasure trying to help if I can. I'm just very sad that all development of the games has now stopped. I still go back to SS2008 often. I think that was, and still is, the best game from VStep. SSE became too complicated and thus lost a huge amount of support from players.
I even go back to SS2006 sometimes!!! ::)

Angus.

william webb

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 12:23:42 »

I must tell you that I now have the new version of the above mission, and I will try it again you explained the sequence perfectly and I was able to get it back in to my missions folder, first time I have been able to do this, thank you now if only I could figure out which SSE they want me to register in order to be able to download any further missions from the download content list I would be a happy man.
You do go out of your way to help us out.

Thanks again.

Bill

william webb

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 12:34:10 »

Now I have another problem with the above mission.
When I first tried to play it and approached the way point for entering the North Sea the ship cruised past the way point, the second time it worked and sent me to the North Sea but that is when I could not tie up tie up the 4 mooring lines only 3
So on Traddles advice to delete the mission and use the zip file that he sent me, the same thing happened when I approached the way point to enter the North Sea, nothing, I did not get  transfered again so I am at a stand still and can not complete the mission.
Did any one notice my question about what SSE do I have to register to use the download content folder as that does not work any more.
Thanks Gentlemen.

Bill

petecaler

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 02:29:13 »

This is a poorly written mission, the developer did not accurately define the spring line requirement within the waypoint. You cant spring line both the stern and bow at the same time within the waypoint. Rest of the mission was great though, especially the sharp turn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines