Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 23:12:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ShipDriver bow and stern thrusters non-functioning?  (Read 3290 times)

saken

ShipDriver bow and stern thrusters non-functioning?
« on: February 09, 2015, 22:07:50 »

Dear Ship Simulator community,

I am writing this as I have disassembled my ShipDriver (no problem, I have done it before, and assembled it again) and found out this interesting thing, when I tilt the unit forward or backward, the bow and stern thrusters work! But look at the photo's provided. Something's got to be broken off at the thruster switches from the inside on the side of the switches? I spent the entire day today with a glue gun, and LOTS of patience... but to no avail. So, I spent $95 at a not fully-functional control unit :'(

The seller claimed that indeed that the unit was fully operational... so... what do I do? Help is greatly appreciated! :)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Re: ShipDriver bow and stern thrusters non-functioning?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 22:43:27 »

Hey, if it's second hand ship sim doesn't hold any responsibility on broken goods - though we may be able to help!
What has exaclty broken? The PCI board or the plastic switch?
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

saken

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 22:49:59 »

Hey, if it's second hand ship sim doesn't hold any responsibility on broken goods - though we may be able to help!
What has exaclty broken? The PCI board or the plastic switch?
It's purchased second hand, but I am still able to fix it myself. It's the plastic switch that is broken, I think. But it's certainly nothing wrong with the board. Of course it was like this when I got it, but if you look at the photo's, I am very certain there has been some kind of plastic pin holding the switches on the card in place.

saken

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 18:19:38 »

Solved! I used a glue gun and some wire and cut the right lengths, and stuck them into the holes that controlled the bow and stern thrusters and voila! It works like a charm now! :D

Note: The bow thruster is a little out of sync, I have to see what I can do about that...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines