Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 20:17:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registering license key for ship sim. extremes  (Read 21390 times)

Tovey3

• Forum member
Registering license key for ship sim. extremes
« on: December 29, 2014, 09:59:49 »

Hi,
I can not "download content" from the "main menu" of my recently bought Ship Simulator, Etremes.  As far as I can make out this this leaves the "missions" content empty.  Every time I click on the "download content" option I get a message Error connecting to the server.  Your license key has not been registered on the forum.  Please visit forum.shipsim.com
1.  Which license key?  The one on the cover of the game that was delivered to my house, or the one on the pop message from the "Steam game" in the corner of my screen.
2.  How do I do this.  I have spent days mauling with this.  Without the Missions there seems little point to this game.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Registering license key for ship sim. extremes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 13:07:14 »

Hi Tovey3,
You must enter BOTH keys in your profile. The one which comes with the game & the one from Steam. I see that you must have entered the Vstep one as you have the word EXTREMES showing below your name. Enter the Steam key and all should be well for you.

Regards,
Angus
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Kubark

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 19:43:02 »

same here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=376009327   

I put all CDKEY the game asked

Rooke

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 16:10:52 »

I too have a license problem - I paid for a pre-order of extremes 2010-154-005599 51703 2010-08-21 11:23:57 € 46.49 Ship Simulator Extremes - Regular Edition Pre-order Completed but the original license is not showing on the license or download page... I too cannot download missions... help please thanks Richard

najel6

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 15:25:33 »

Hi Tovey3,
You must enter BOTH keys in your profile. The one which comes with the game & the one from Steam. I see that you must have entered the Vstep one as you have the word EXTREMES showing below your name. Enter the Steam key and all should be well for you.

Regards,
Angus

hi,
I have the same problem : i put my ship simulator extremes keys xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx on my profile on http://forum.shipsim.com/ , but i can't find where to put the other keys written in the CD box (the steam keys???) which format is xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. ???
Due to this, i cannot dowload anything.
thanks

kingcoryt

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 01:30:41 »

When I try to go to download content it keeps on saying please register on the fourm website and I have put in all of my product codes and I have been at this problem for 2 or more weeks and I am getting frustrated at the fact that I can not play the game at all not even missions. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tycos

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 09:28:44 »

I have only one key... I don't have buy it throught steam

sbcchristian

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 18:02:37 »

??? seems like this is an ongoing issue... i am still have the same problem as others in this thread. i registered my key on the fourm site and still am unable to download content. i purchased mine from shipsim.com. please tell me how to fix this.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 18:13:26 »

Unfortunately this is due to a major fault on the Vstep server. I have been trying very hard to get someone to fix this problem but so far I am having no luck. I can only suggest that, if you have bought your game direct from Vstep, you contact the Company and ask for a refund of your money. This might just, I hope, provoke some kind of response.
I do regret this is such a problem, but I am unable to directly do anything to help as I am not part of Vstep, but merely a volunteer who tries to help. The CMM's are unable to accept good missions or reject bad ones for the same reason.

Regards,
Angus.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 11:48:56 »

We have action with this problem now. The Vstep personnel have been working yesterday & today to fix this matter. certain parts of the problem are fixed but, as yet, I am not sure things are fully operational. I will let players know when things are all functioning OK.

Angus.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 15:20:06 »

When Vstep completely abandons ShipSim Extremes 2010, we won't be able to register license keys anymore, making playing this game entirely impossible!  :(
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 15:30:40 by MokMok »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 16:33:45 »

The problem with inability to register licence keys is now fixed. It did seem as if Vstep had abandoned us, but this was not the case. The problem was rather difficult to solve I understand.

Angus.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 15:42:08 »

To avoid these problems, be very careful with your profile.xml file inside your Profiles\<username> and your Profiles\Missions folder. You should backup this file and all your other files like downloaded missions, etc. in case Vstep abandons this game completely!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines