Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 07:13:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator 2015, 2016 etc.? (Future of Ship Simulator)  (Read 7639 times)

saken

Ship Simulator 2015, 2016 etc.? (Future of Ship Simulator)
« on: November 06, 2014, 22:07:08 »

Dear community,

What's circulating in my mind right now, is when and what the next Ship Simulator game will be released, and what it will be entitled. Any opinions about this?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship Simulator 2015, 2016 etc.? (Future of Ship Simulator)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 00:07:04 »

Hi saken,
I would dearly like to think that there would be future development of the Ship Simulator game/s. Sadly though I feel that this is not going to happen. The Vstep Company is deeply involved in commercial simulators and after all the bad comments which have been thrust at the Company over the games, it is no great surprise that the gaming side of things has taken a back seat. SSE proved to be too difficult for the average player to build missions (I include myself here!!) and thus much of the enthusiasm of players was lost. A totally new system for the game was bravely tried by Vstep which sadly did not meet with general approval from players. A very great pity, as the game includes much to be admired, both in the realism of the dynamics of the ships and the presentation of the motion of the sea surface and it's effect upon the ships themselves. To my knowledge the only other game which comes near is by another Dutch Company called Stentec, who make the excellent Sail Simulator 5 game. This one is for much smaller vessels, sailing yachts in fact, but the sea rendering and realistic wind effects are quite remarkable.

Regards,
Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 08:29:29 »

The game compagny Excalibur will release European ShipSimulator very soon. More info take a look at http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/games/european-ship-simulator/.

Will SSE2010 by Vstep be taken place by European ShipSimulator in the future? And what are the system requirements for European ShipSimulator, are they higher than the system requirements for SSE2010 are? I especially think about the requirements for the graphics card. SSE2010 minimally needs a NVidia GForce 8800GT or an ATI/AMD Radeon 4850, and will European ShipSimulator require a more powerfull graphics card?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:36:25 by MokMok »

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 09:15:20 »

I think Excalibur can answer that best.  ;)

I second Angus' post. A long combination of factors made it infeasible to continue on this series unfortunately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines