Hello Guest April 23, 2024, 16:43:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Access DLC In Game?  (Read 3909 times)

Brometheus

• Forum member
Can't Access DLC In Game?
« on: August 27, 2014, 21:39:53 »

sydmichel

• Forum member
Re: Can't Access DLC In Game?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 23:37:22 »

We're all buddies in boats

Brometheus

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 00:54:59 »

But it says I need to register my copy of the game on the forums to access them. How is that a firewall issue.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 01:03:32 »

Hi Brometheus, click on Profile at the top of this page, and enter your license key.. :)

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:16 »

But it says I need to register my copy of the game on the forums to access them. How is that a firewall issue.

If you had said exactly what your problem was and what the  symptoms were, instead of just a dumb screenshot; I may have been to help you more appropriately.

Brometheus

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 00:12:06 »

If you had said exactly what your problem was and what the  symptoms were, instead of just a dumb screenshot; I may have been to help you more appropriately.

Woah easy there sailor. Lets not rock any boats. Least you could of done was give me a shot across the bows. Given me a moment or two to batten down the hatches. Here I was between the devil and the deep blue sea only to have your hard and fast judgment that I am indeed to be faulted. Were you to know the ropes rather than to force me to walk the plank in an egregious hand over fist manner we may have got underway.

Yer mother makes a mean sloshy ale.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 09:23:38 »

Enough people. Sydmichel, there is no need for this kind of language. Yes he could have included a description to make his issue more clear, but there are nicer ways of saying that you know. Brometheus, you don't need to make any insults towards people. This only lights the fire.
I trust we can continue this topic in a reasonable matter. Otherwise I'll have to lock it.

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 11:10:37 »

There was no  "language", bad otherwise.

Perhaps you mean the use of the  word "dumb".  Well I am English, and in English, my meaning of the word dumb means mute, unable to speak.  The O/Ps post did not convey any information and was therefore in that context, "dumb" .  The fact that other countries that have adopted the English language as there own, use the word "dumb" to describe something that is stupid, is not my fault and neither was it meant in that way.

I have been posting on this forum for quite a while now, and have helpfully contributed (mainly on technical matters). If you look at my profile you will see that I am no spring chicken and come from an era where "gay" meant happy and carefree, and "dumb" meant mute.  I feel that to be publicly chastised by an administrator is not appropriate,  you could of sent a PM asking me to review my post in view of the modern-day meaning.

Lastly, my apologies  to the OP for any offense given, it was not intended.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 12:40:04 »

I'm not punishing you or anything. Merely adressing that using the word dumb in such sentence isn't very friendly.
You are aware that the word dumb has a double meaning and can be perceived differently in other countries. Yet you still use it. It is not strange that OP and I perceive this negatively due to the context of your post.
If someone wrote "You are so gay!", would you perceive it as friendly or as an insult? Most of us take the latter and I would have warned that person the same way as I'm doing here now.

DanielH

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 14:46:14 »

I agree with Mr Robson. Some words and phrases have more than one meaning some can be insulting in different ways in every nation. Its the same with pictures some imagery can be insulting to other people and not to you. So please be careful mate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines