Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 00:17:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VSTEP, may I write you a letter.  (Read 2867 times)

JocK69

• Forum member
VSTEP, may I write you a letter.
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:39:51 »

While writing, to some of the Steam Forums. like Ship Sim Extremes, etc.

I hope you will not mind this.

May I ask, before anyone, get's this wrong, I worte to them in good faith with no swearing, no being rude, or disrepectful, to them, in any manner.

Please, do the same should you write to the likes of this group, or any other group.

Otherwise, it may have them, not help us, should they decide to do any, Updating of the game, etc.

I hope I haven't helped to have them, not consider, my thoughts.
Of offended them, or you, in my trying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greeting to you from DownUnder.

Firstly, before I write you you my query, I hope you will not mind this.

I am deeply sorrowed for you and your Country, for the loss of so many of your Nations, men, women and child.
(and those of other countries, too.)

In relation to the recent airline disaster.

It should never have happened.

My thoughts from us to you and their families are with you always.

I hope that next we meet, you the good people of such a great country it will be in happier times.
(whether it be your country or ours, or together overseas, else where.)

Be well, my Dutch friends, you are not alone.
(and those of other Nations.)

--------------------------------------------------

Now for my reason to write to you.
(I hope you will not mind how I write or express myself as I am not the best in letter writing. From a 49++ yr old gamer, yer I know big kid I am.)

Nor am I a short writer, whoops.

I write to you in regard to Ship Ship Extremes PC game.

For some time, I have played this sim, and quite enjoy it.

And will admit, I need a better computer, in regard to certain aspects of System Requirements.
(but that’s my problem, ha!)

It saddens, me that your group, is not having much to do with the sim, anymore.

In reference to assisting in regard to Patches, or Update’s that would improve the joy some of us, we the good people of this earth, who have, brought and installed SSE.
(whether it was the CD DVD version, or the Steam version.)

I sort of understand, why you have somewhat abandoned it.
Which is such a pity.

And no disrespect to you all, either.

Slowly, now though more gamers, esp via Steam, want to play it.

But currently, either the CD DVD version via the Official website, or from a shop version or via Steam site.

Is giving them, so much pain, it’s turning them off your Sim.

And none of this is to offend anyone.

Either, some readily can’t locate the manual to check “System Requirement” or how to “Install”* the game.

Some don’t check their PC, too, in that regard.
(which helps, in both respects.)*

Also, some may not be aware, that (if not, the Steam Version.) before you Install, you may have to “Turn Off” your “Anti Virus systems, Windows or other one’s, too.” and possibly “Firewall”, while Installing the sim.*

But you might like to look at both Official SSE forum and Steam’s SSE forum, to see what I mean.
(or even Facebook, page.)

You see, we would like to continue, to enjoy SSE and beyond with your group, as much as Ship Sims, from other game developers.

And slowly, on Steam, for instance, currently other Ship Sim type games are coming that might have you, lose us, altogether.

Now I don’t want to give any trouble, to you or them.
(would be great, if you all could help each other out, more to the point.)

European Ship Sim.

Ship Sim Maritime Search and Rescue.

Trans Oceans. (I keep thinking Ports of Call, when I see this one.)

Though this is a Navy one:

Victory at Sea

Maybe, others down the track???

And we would all love your game and the others, to look like:

Silent Hunter 3, 4 and 5

esp 4 and 5 as per world environs, the sky, the waves, shorelines, ships, etc., people on board, and you moving around (like in Mass Effect, etc.)

Night and day, weather pattern’s, Wow!

Plus dock handling, among some food for thought, similar to game play in the likes of again, Mass Effect. And other games.
(your character, in person, boarding onto or off ship, whether at a Dock, or a platform, or Ship to Ship. no matter, the weather conditions, permitable of course.)

Now, that would be fab for all the new games, and beyond and SSE.

I dare you to take this on as a challenge, Ha!
(prove me, wrong.)

Oh, and I would prefer, if I look at my vessel or another, ship, in 3rd person, there is someone at the helm? Like if you were driving a car, etc.

It’s kinda spooky, not seeing someone, is there. Manning the Helm, on the Bridge of any vessel.
(something SH 4 and 5, I think forgot??? Ha!)

I would like to keep enjoying SSE, too. But that won’t happen, if we don’t have your support, to inform us* and update SSE, some more.
(and getting rid of the Bugs, too. Would help.)

Anyway, I hope you will not mind, what I am trying to put to you.

We the collective gamers of the World, would like to continue to enjoy SSE and other good Ship Sims.

Many thanks for hearing me, out.

I hope we will hear from you soon.

Even, if it’s for one last major Update, Patch’s, Bug Fix’s for the game.

And down to earth, extra advice on pre Installation and Installation of the game.

Oh, my version was via a CD, but I had problems, so I tried the SSE Official site, version.
(and I think, it’s working, O.K.)

I enjoy the “Mods”?? within, your site.

Give you some different, fun, to try.

Though, for some people, to be fair, find plain sailing, to be boring, not me.
(that’s part of being a Capt of a ship. Docking and undocking, Switch ports, yes, is important, too. So is say sailing in heavy weather, or calm weather, to get to the next waypoint.)

Take care, now.

yours

Jock.

Fair Winds and Follow Seas.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
Re: VSTEP, may I write you a letter.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 13:33:12 »

This is the first time someone is able to word his thoughts in a polite manner. There are some people that can learn from this. Thanks!  :thumbs:

Either, some readily can’t locate the manual to check “System Requirement” or how to “Install”* the game.
The system requirements are located on all product pages where you can buy the game. Retailers are obligated to provide this information. For boxed versions, this information is located on the back of the DVD casing.

Some people however simply refused to read the minimum requirements. So I've later added a red colored text on the product page displaying that Mac OS and Intel HD Graphics don't work. Hopefully they will notice this.
If people don't read the minimum specs that's fine, but unfortunately these people are also the ones that shout the loudest at performance issues or game crashes. Typical RTFM situations I figure.  :P

Also, some may not be aware, that (if not, the Steam Version.) before you Install, you may have to “Turn Off” your “Anti Virus systems, Windows or other one’s, too.” and possibly “Firewall”, while Installing the sim.*
Unfortunately, these firewall issues happen a lot (with different software as well) so there is little that can be done about it in advance. Especially if the Steam client has issues with it because it's a different software company. Vstep only sells the game on their platform.

As for new features, the game could indeed use some new functions. But it all depends on whether or not there plans for a follow up game. Time will tell.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 14:16:17 »

This is the first time someone is able to word his thoughts in a polite manner. There are some people that can learn from this. Thanks!  :thumbs:
@ Mr Robville
Not really my friend! But in that kind of detailedness. :thumbs:

Michael
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 19:08:44 »

I agree that the game feels abandoned and very good and that what i think VSTEP have done is made a good game that just needs high specs - and there is too many awkward customers.
Can i ask - you said it doesnt work on MacOS - will it work on a Mac running windows? its been bothering me for a while  :P
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 02:11:31 »

Yes, if you can run it under windows on a mac, it should behave just like on a regular windows machine. keyword should. There's never a 100% stonecold guarantee with anything if you don't use a product as it was intended, obviously.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines