Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 08:26:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ferry Ramp/Doors  (Read 10501 times)

JayKay38

• Forum member
Ferry Ramp/Doors
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:09:26 »

Could anyone help please?
Just taken to the seas and trying many trial parts of missions to get a start on the programme.
Hit a snag in that nowhere can I find the controls to operate the ferry doors/ramps.
Help would be appreciated.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Ferry Ramp/Doors
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 11:48:27 »

Hi JayKay38,
All the ferries which have operable ramps/doors etc have a control panel for them. There is one on the onscreen controls and it is also in the wheelhouse. My picture shows the "Albatros IV" panel. 1. is the control for the stern ramp,  which you push forwards. 2. is the open close button. You can see that 1. is in the position ready to open and 2. has opened the ramp. The control panel is different for all the ferries but the general idea and operation is similar.

Regards,
Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

JayKay38

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 11:52:17 »

Angus,
Help appreciated --will give it a go.
Thanks
JayKay

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 13:52:21 »

pride of Rotterdam and red eagle are ferries. do they have ramps that can be opened? :captain:
"take her to sea m murdoch. lets strech her legs!"

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 15:55:30 »

Both "Pride of Rotterdam" & "Red Eagle" have operating ramps/gates. "PoR" has a single ramp at the stern & "Red Eagle" has opening gates at each end of the vessel.

Angus.

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 21:24:00 »

how do I get the doors on the pride of Rotterdam and red eagle to open? ive tried but nothing hapens
"take her to sea m murdoch. lets strech her legs!"

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:30:31 »

Hi JayKay38,
All the ferries which have operable ramps/doors etc have a control panel for them. There is one on the onscreen controls and it is also in the wheelhouse. My picture shows the "Albatros IV" panel. 1. is the control for the stern ramp,  which you push forwards. 2. is the open close button. You can see that 1. is in the position ready to open and 2. has opened the ramp. The control panel is different for all the ferries but the general idea and operation is similar.

Regards,
Angus.

Hi barrown1990,
If you had read the post above, which I quote, you would have found the answer to your question. However, in case you did not understand I attach two pictures of the vessels you ask about. The red arrows indicate the control panels to open/close the ramp on "PoR" & the gates on "Red Eagle". The controls will only operate if the vessels are stopped. Opening doors underway is the quickest way to lose a ship. :doh:

Angus.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:32:10 by Traddles »

Rbken7

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 14:16:00 »

How do you lift the ramp ontop of red eagle?
And is it possible to see the cars drive off the ferry and new ones drive on? if so, how? :)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 16:58:04 »

The only things you can open on "Red Eagle" are the access gates on the upper deck & the main deck. (see the post above) I'm not sure what you mean by the ramp on top of her though. ??? The cars can not be loaded or unloaded on that ship I am sorry to say.

Angus.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 16:59:39 by Traddles »

Rbken7

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 19:17:08 »

The ramp on the upper deck, was wondering if you could move it up and down? :)
And do you know the different places where the red eagle can dock?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 19:36:19 »

Aha, I see what you mean now. Sorry, that ramp is fixed as it is set to a level which fits with the berthing places. Firstly at Southampton & also at Cowes on the Isle of Wight. I will take a  picture and attach it to this post shortly.
The berth at Cowes is shown in the picture above, you can see the two levels of access road. The chart shows the two locations.
Angus.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 19:58:18 by Traddles »

Rbken7

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 19:47:01 »

Thank you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines