Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 13:31:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Key  (Read 2364 times)

doggiejazz28

• Forum member
License Key
« on: October 18, 2007, 00:00:37 »

I would like to know where I can find my license key for ship simulator 2008. I purchased the game on Ebay and cannot read the words on the CD as it is Russian however I installed the game for the English version. I would like to know where I can obtain the license key so I may download the add-ons. Your help is appreciated.

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2097.0.html

And I did read that topic in the FAQ, but the links appear to say it is an error.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 00:02:16 by doggiejazz28 »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: License Key
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 00:04:02 »

If it is a legal original copy then the licence key should be in the CD box. If it isn't then you can't really do anything about it I'm afraid- except contact the vendor.

Do you want to give the ebay link to the item (in PM if you prefer) and maybe we can find out where it came from.

I'm afraid it doesn't sound good if it's all in Russian but installs in English. Does the CD and paperwork LOOk authentic?

The above link won't help. That's for recovering your key if you lose the card- it only works if you have already typed it into the computer before.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

doggiejazz28

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 00:05:25 »

If it is a legal original copy then the licence key should be in the CD box. If it isn't then you can't really do anything about it I'm afraid- except contact the vendor.

Do you want to give the ebay link to the item (in PM if you prefer) and maybe we can find out where it came from.

I'm afraid it doesn't sound good if it's all in Russian but installs in English. Does the CD and paperwork LOOk authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ship-Simulator-2008-NEW-PC-GAME_W0QQitemZ320165965491QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That is the link to the item. There was box that came with the box, only the CD case. And thank you for helping me out.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 00:10:26 »

I'm afraid that looks really dodgy to me (I'm not suggesting that you are knowingly doing anything wrong).

Perhaps I am wrong in this- this is something the admin need to look into. I know there are slightly different boxes released in different countries.

I have passed a message onto the admin and asked them to look into it for you. I assure you they will investigate it.

Regards
Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

doggiejazz28

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 00:12:26 »

Well, I have contacted the vendor, perhaps he will know about this, and thank you again for your help.

mark

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 08:33:28 »

I can confirm that this seller is distributing an illegal copy of Ship Simulator 2008.

We will release an official Russian version early next year, but that looks nothing like the version that is currently sold on eBay.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 08:40:08 »

Selling illegal copies of the game on e-bay? For Christ sake… what is wrong with these guys? They should really been jailed and punished for such crime. >:(
My music: www.jhbrende.com (http://www.jhbrende.com/)

doggiejazz28

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 21:52:50 »

I can confirm that this seller is distributing an illegal copy of Ship Simulator 2008.

We will release an official Russian version early next year, but that looks nothing like the version that is currently sold on eBay.

Darn, so I purchased an illegal copy of the game and won't be able to have access to any of the add-ons? :(

Because I was really hoping to download them...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 22:03:09 by doggiejazz28 »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 22:58:24 »

I'm really sorry to hear that, but I suspected that would be the case.

I know it's not much help now, but in future it's better to buy from recognised company sites. Some bloke in Moldova? I know he had a 99% score too.

Stu

doggiejazz28

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 01:37:18 »

I'm really sorry to hear that, but I suspected that would be the case.

I know it's not much help now, but in future it's better to buy from recognised company sites. Some bloke in Moldova? I know he had a 99% score too.

Stu

Well, thank you for your help anyhow. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines