Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 12:07:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Malaysian Airlines MH17  (Read 14263 times)

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
Re: Malaysian Airlines MH17
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 16:58:05 »

The number 17 thing I had already noticed...but I am not a conspiracy theorist so I don't believe that has anything to do with it - a freaky coincidence - but that's it.  ;D

Mind you, my Mum has already said she doesn't want to ever fly Malaysian Airlines. She even said that she never wanted to fly on a 777 back when MH370 went down - a week later we were on one however I didn't tell her until we got back! ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 17:02:27 by Dannypenguin »

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 17:13:07 »

The number 17 thing I had already noticed...but I am not a conspiracy theorist so I don't believe that has anything to do with it - a freaky coincidence - but that's it.  ;D

Mind you, my Mum has already said she doesn't want to ever fly Malaysian Airlines. She even said that she never wanted to fly on a 777 back when MH370 went down - a week later we were on one however I didn't tell her until we got back! ;)

At least more people are paying attention to plane crashes, it shows that people don't want to experience such issues again in the future, i learned from a bit of research that 1985 was called the "year the planes came down" with many notables losses
I'm happy we live in a time that we don't have 20-30 major plane crashes killed at least a minimum of 50 in each crash. Its much rare now, although compared to recent years it has been quite a change.

I learned that 2009 was the last time we had major crashes occurring one after the other, 3 crashes in a month with a total loss of 548 deaths :/

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 17:16:31 by The Ferry King »

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 20:14:46 »

I do notice though that these last few crashes were because of really silly reasons that could have been easily prevented if money wasn't such a priority.
If Malaysia chose to spent a few dollars extra to divert the course just like many others already did: No plane crash
If TransAsia Airways chose to wait a little longer and deal with the extra costs: No plane crash

It's not like there were any unforeseen hazards that crashed these planes.
Still need to hear about what exactly brought AH5017 down.

777's are fine airplanes. I guess because they are so commonly used they are more likely to be involved within a disaster.

johan2000

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 22:41:32 »

i heard a woman lost her husband and a kid on this flight. that is a tragidy on it's own but her other kids (i think we can say) died with the missing MH370. i think that's horrible and wish that woman the best of luck

may god have mercy to the souls of the dead

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 22:56:08 »

i heard a woman lost her husband and a kid on this flight. that is a tragidy on it's own but her other kids (i think we can say) died with the missing MH370. i think that's horrible and wish that woman the best of luck

may god have mercy to the souls of the dead

There was a cyclist who booked a flight for both MH370 and MH17 but somehow "cheated death" twice by switching to a different flight

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 08:14:06 »

There was a cyclist who booked a flight for both MH370 and MH17 but somehow "cheated death" twice by switching to a different flight

I read that, an insane coincidence. :P

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 17:00:18 »

Anyone heard of the plane crash yesterday with 48 killed and the missing plane with 110 today? I'm really hoping this one doesn't turn into a tragedy as well and somehow all of them are found alive
I had just landed on holiday when I saw that - that happend while I was flying  :/
I noticed a lot more people this year are a bit more nervous about flying after the 2 crashes and the one happening while we were flying - the pilot was trying to calm people down at the beginning of the flight by saying it was a brand new plane (4months old) and that it was one of the safest planes I'm in the world but still people are nervous about flying and I understand why.
Just hope there is nothing else that happens now  :thumbdown:
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines