Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 17:29:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Work Experience  (Read 2779 times)

RYAN123

• Forum member
Work Experience
« on: June 30, 2014, 22:32:11 »

Hello!

Is anyone in the same position of me and doing work experience?

If so what are you doing for it?

Although I haven't been that interested in ships for a while and more into trains...

Im doing my work experince at Harwich International Port doing Admin dutys,

Today i have been in an office that organises the Engineering side of the port at the moment i am looking forward most too Friday where I will be working with Celebrity Infinity, but all my days sound good at the moment :)
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
Re: Work Experience
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:33:09 »

I'm home-schooled, so technically I am not required to do work experience (or GCSE's for that matter ;)). However when I was back in school I began volunteering at my local preserved railway, the Dean Forest Railway, only at weekends. When I left school, an arrangment was made with them to say I can do two days a month on mid-week duties. In the last month I've undertaken trainee ticket inspecting, platform line painting and painting a Class 14 (which will be attending the Class 14 50th birthday at the East Lancs railway). I have bent the rules a bit however, I must have done 4 or 5 days + weekends...whoopsie... :D

Im doing my work experince at Harwich International Port doing Admin dutys,

Wow, lucky you :D

i am looking forward most too Friday where I will be working with Celebrity Infinity

And now your just making me jealous! :doh:

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 17:54:27 »

I did my last work experience at stena line and I loved it! I wanted to do it again but because of personal circumstances I cannot do it there so now I'm working for a computer parts company  :thumbs:
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:11:24 »

Thanks for the replys, im looking at starting an apprenticeship with abellio Greater Anglia at one of their depots next year :)

I start my first day in Civils today, had a brill time yesterday and even got a tour round the port,

Here is Harwich International rail Freight yard (only used around 5 times a week now)

Brilliance of the seas from the container and grain part of the port

have got some more pictures but i will post them later :)
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

Dude 2315

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 05:20:00 »

I guess I'll be getting ship-related work experience very soon considering I'm joining the US Coast Guard. I leave for boot in October :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines