Hello Guest May 01, 2024, 11:53:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 1826 times)

smmcgill

• Forum member
What happened?
« on: March 20, 2014, 10:20:56 »

After two reasonably successful and well engineered games SS06 and SS08, everyone who liked Ship Simulator type
games eagerly awaited the announcement of ShipSim Extremes.  However, everyone has to admit that the product that was released was a half finished, broken piece of software alot of the time that although is enjoyable to play, is not as polished as the previous two games. Also, VStep's previous two games came two years apart, but 4 years on there is no sign of SS12/13/14.... What is happening to this franchise?   ???

Steve  :)

K Jack

• Forum member
Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:45:46 »

I've been hearing all kind of talks of continuing the ship simulator franchise but i thought it was just only rumors. Although i don't want to believe it as yet but there was a word online that the game (SSE) has been criticized for not running being able to run on powerful computers for no reason because of high graphical demand for better performance and not being able to use your own ship like in SS06 or 08. This might cause some of the fans to leave the game or should i say abandon ship :lol: If this was the case then the future of SS franchise might be in jeopardy.

Regards
K Jack
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

MokMok

• Forum member
ShipSim for Linux please!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 21:34:21 »

I think that Vstep has abandoned the future development of Ship Simulator! Micorsoft will stop supporting Windows XP on april the 8th. Many XP-users are now switching to Linux, like the very popular and user-friendly Linux Mint. My request to Vstep is to port the whole Ship Simulator series to Linux, or make an open-source version of it!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 21:38:49 by MokMok »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines