Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 10:23:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I copy the download version of SSE to dvd?  (Read 1209 times)

Albatross72

• Forum member
Can I copy the download version of SSE to dvd?
« on: March 05, 2014, 21:14:23 »

Can I copy the download version of SSE to dvd? I can't seem to find the dvd to buy.
The reason I ask - I bought the download version of 2008 and my email account was compromised (hackers?) and all my files and folders, which also contained my receipt for SS 08,  were deleted. At about the same time; someone using my computer downloaded a nasty virus that made me have to reformat. I haven't bothered support with trying to redownload without my receipt. I believe it would be futile.

I now know to copy receipts and such to a secure place (cd - thumb drive etc.). But I'd also like to have the install on disk.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Can I copy the download version of SSE to dvd?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 12:32:08 »

Hi Albatross72,
It is perfectly OK to copy your game onto a DVD. In fact, it is to be recommended. :2thumbs: Once you have the game on disc, if any thing happens to your computer, for example if it crashes, :doh: your game is safe and can be re-loaded when all is well.
By the way, if you bought the download version of SS2008 then you should be able to re-download it from the Vstep website if you go into "My account".

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:34:30 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Albatross72

• Forum member
Re: Can I copy the download version of SSE to dvd?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 14:54:20 »

Thanks for the info Traddles.  !:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines