Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 12:12:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will this end!? - The UK storms  (Read 2643 times)

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
When will this end!? - The UK storms
« on: February 12, 2014, 20:37:48 »

This damn weather! 100mph winds forcast, flooding only set to get worse and a RED weather warning. To top this off, there looks to be another low pressure system moving over the Atlantic right now. :thumbdown:

Looking at AIS this evening, would not want to be on P&O's Oceana, they're moving up the English channel towards Southampton at the moment, with these 70-100mph winds. :o Same goes for the ferries, surprised they are still operating.

Also sad to hear that a man has been killed in Wiltshire trying to remove a tree trying that took down some power cables...can't help thinking it isn't going to be the first death either... :( How is it near you?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 20:39:38 by Dannypenguin »

ci

• Forum member
Re: When will this end!? - The UK storms
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 21:14:14 »

Hi Danny sad to here about lose of life but as you say there maybe more but we all hope not. Well here in Guernsey we have escaped the worst of it this time but we have had the wind and the rain over the last couple of weeks. Had a lot of coastal damage and floods and no ferries for a couple of days but my heart goes out to all of you in the UK with the winds and floods you are having

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 22:31:44 »

I had no power last night! I live in pembrokeshire and the cleddai bridge got about 106 MPH!
We had a hour and half wait to get out of college as it closed and got home to see the ship tied up secure. I walked from the bus stop to my house ( 3 minute walk) and I got into the house and took off my glasses - covered in dirt! Wand I  just cleaned them on the bus!
And for dinner I had to get out my DOFE kit and go to bed to wake up to power (thank god as the showers electric)
But the most scary bit was sitting in the bus in the bus bay and the whole bus moving side to side up and down with the wind and just thinking "c... We goto go home in this trash!"

Sorry for the bad spelling  ::) - small keyboard
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 19:30:55 by Captain Cadet »
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 22:41:40 »

I had no power last night! I live in pembrokeshire and the cleddai bridge got about 106 MPH!
We had a hour and half wait to get out of college as it closed and got home to see the ship tied up secular. I walked from the bus stop to my house ( 3 minute walk) and I got into the house and took off my glasses - covered in dirt! With had just cleaned them on the bus!
And for dinner I had to get out my DOFE kit and go to bed to wake up to power (thank god as the shoes eletric)
But the most scary bit was sitting in the bus in the bus bay and the whole bus moving side to side up and down with the wind and just thinking "c... We goto go home in this trash!"

Sounds like you had it pretty bad... :P We had rain, hail, snow and sunshine all within 10 minutes at one point...

JamesS1941

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 19:26:25 »

We are lucky here in Portsmouth,no floods and no power cuts.I feel for those that are suffering.Latest weather report is next week a slight improvement.

Jim.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 17:42:46 »

One of the boys on my course got his brand new car crushed by a tree last night! He just got back from work in his van to find the next doors tree on top of his car!
 :-\
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines